ANN ARBOR, Mich. – Starting Thursday, several streets in downtown Ann Arbor will close to cars allowing for more outdoor dining and shopping during the spring and summer.
The Downtown Ann Arbor Pedestrian Mall will provide additional space facilitating safer physical distancing practices as community members visit businesses and restaurants.
The closures will run from Thursday, April 1 to August 30.
This year, some streets will be closed every day of the week while other closures will only take place from 4 p.m. on Thursdays to 6 a.m. on Mondays.
Here’s which streets will close:
- Washington Street from Ashley Street to Main Street
- Maynard Street on the east side or northbound portion between Liberty to William streets
Thursdays at 4 p.m. to Mondays at 6 a.m.:
- Main Street between William to Washington streets
- East Liberty Street from Ashley Street to Fourth Avenue
- Liberty Street between Maynard to State streets
- State Street from Washington Street to William Street
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, similar street closures first took place in the summer of 2020.