ANN ARBOR – How’s this for a new ranking?
Earlier this month, BuzzFeed featured the University of Michigan on its “Swankiest College Campuses, Ranked By Luscious Vibes” list.
Not sure what characterizes “luscious vibes” on a college campus, but here’s what BuzzFeed had to say about U-M, which took the No. 14 spot:
First, there’s the amazing North Quad — a hybrid dorm and academic building specifically designed for international students and intercultural programs.
One of many stately places on this sprawling campus, the university focuses on student experience and academic accomplishments. It is well known for its nice dining halls and tech-savvy classrooms. While there isn’t a standout amenity, like, a lazy river, the overall campus offers plenty of great student accommodations.
The lazy river they refer to is at the University of Missouri, which placed seventh on the list.
Here’s the full list of swankiest colleges in order of rank:
- High Point University in High Point, North Carolina
- Kenyon College in Gambier, Ohio
- Michigan Technological University in Houghton, Michigan
- Pomona College in Claremont, California
- Stanford University in Palo Alto, California
- Boston University in Boston, Massachusetts
- The University of Missouri in Columbia, Missouri
- Berry College in Mount Berry, Georgia
- Oberlin College in Oberlin, Ohio
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison in Madison, Wisconsin
- Furman University in Greenville, South Carolina
- Western Washington University in Bellingham, Washington
- University of California in Santa Cruz, California
- University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan
- University of Central Florida in Orlando, Florida
To see the full list and descriptions, click here.