United Auto Workers chapters across the country have begun counting union member votes on the tentative agreement with General Motors that was approved by union leaders Oct. 16.
MORE INFORMATION: UAW-GM strike timeline
Local 1853 in Spring Hill, Tenn. has voted down the agreement (51% to 49%) while Local 14 in Toledo has approved it.
Metro Detroit chapters plan to hold their votes Thursday, a day before votes are due. An announcement is expected by 4 p.m. Friday.
Union members will continue to strike during the voting process.
A summary of the tentative agreement is available on the UAW website.
More UAW-GM strike coverage:
- Union members begin voting process on UAW-GM tentative agreement
- UAW strike against General Motors to continue during voting process
- UAW-GM strike: A timeline of events
- Former UAW aide Jeff Pietrzyk pleads guilty in federal fraud case
- What's in the proposed UAW-GM tentative agreement
- Union members review UAW-GM tentative agreement