DETROIT – Michigan reported 1,365 new cases of COVID-19 and 24 virus-related deaths Monday -- an average of 455 cases over the past three days.
Monday’s update brings the total number of confirmed COVID cases in Michigan to 2,067,277, including 32,443 deaths. These numbers are up from 2,065,912 cases and 32,419 deaths, as of Friday.
The deaths announced Monday didn’t include any identified during a Vital Records review.
Testing has increased to around 50,000 to 60,000 diagnostic tests reported per day on average, with the 7-day positive rate at 3.78% as of March 11 -- the lowest it has been since July 2021. Hospitalizations have decreased over the last few weeks, now down to the lowest total since last summer.
The state’s 7-day moving average for daily cases was 745 on Friday, March 11. The 7-day death average was 42 on March 11. The state’s fatality rate is 1.5%.
Michigan has reported more than 11.4 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine administered as of March 10, with 70.5% of 16+ residents having received at least one dose, while 64.6% of 16+ residents are considered fully vaccinated.
Across Michigan’s entire population, 66.4% have received at least one COVID vaccine dose.
According to Johns Hopkins University, more than 79.4 million cases have been reported in the U.S., with more than 963,000 deaths reported from the virus. Globally, more than 10.6 billion vaccine doses have been administered, including more than 554 million doses in the U.S. alone.
Worldwide, more than 451 million people have been confirmed infected and more than 6 million have died, according to Johns Hopkins University. The true numbers are certainly much higher, because of limited testing, different ways nations count the dead and deliberate under-reporting by some governments.
New daily Michigan COVID-19 totals since Feb. 18:
- Feb. 18 -- 3,827 new cases (case count for two days)
- Feb. 23 -- 5,931 new cases (case count for five days)
- Feb. 25 -- 3,120 new cases (case count for two days)
- Feb. 28 -- 1,860 new cases (case count for three days)
- March 2 -- 2,105 new cases (case count for two days)
- March 4 -- 1,842 new cases (case count for two days)
- March 7 -- 1,656 new cases (case count for three days)
- March 9 -- 1,739 new cases (case count for two days)
- March 11 -- 1,819 new cases (case count for two days)
- March 14 -- 1,365 new cases (case count for three days)
Latest COVID-19 data in Michigan:
- Full coverage: Coronavirus in Michigan
COVID-19 Discussion Forum:
Join our dedicated space to discuss the pandemic. You’re invited to share questions, experiences, insights and opinions.