You might think all salads are healthy, but some salads can actually be less healthy than a cheeseburger! Nutrition and fitness expert Jody Trierweiler set out to create what she calls “the healthiest salad in the world.” She shared the recipe with Live In The D’s Jason Carr. It features a salad dressing that Jason loves. Jody says the base of her salad starts with watercress and also features microgreens.
Watch the video above to hear Jody talk about what makes the ingredients in her salad so healthy.
Check out Jody’s special recipe:
- 1 cup watercress
- 1/2 cup microgreens of choice
- 1/2 cup Napa cabbage chopped
- Chopped broccoli (as much as you like)
- Chopped tomatoes (as much as you like)
- Thinly sliced carrots (as much as you like)
- 1 tablespoon chopped nuts of choice
- 2 tablespoons Pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Hemp seeds
- 3/4 cup cooked Lentils OR 3 ounces Salmon
SPLURGE- PICK 1
- Grated or crumbled sheep or goat milk cheese
- Chopped olives
- Turkey bacon bits
- 1 small avocado peeled and pitted
- Juice of 1 medium to large lemon
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of basil (add any herbs you like)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 2 tablespoons of chopped scallions
- Sea salt and cayenne pepper to taste
Blend all dressing ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
Add 1 tablespoon of water at a time to achieve desired consistency of dressing.