2 Roseville women dressed as clowns arrested after chasing 14-year-old girls
Jamie Salinis, Elandra Sledge charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct
ROSEVILLE, Mich. – Two 18-year-old women dressed as clowns were arrested Thursday night in Roseville after allegedly chasing two 14-year-old girls.
Jamie Salinis and Elandra Sledge, both of Roseville, were charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct.
According to police, the clowns jumped out of a vehicle in the 18000 block of Minnesota Street and chased the girls, saying they were going to kill them.
The girls ran away and went to the Roseville Police Department at about 9 p.m.
Officers went to the area and found "two idiots" dressed as clowns and they attempted to flee on foot, police said. A foot chase ensued and both individuals were taken into custody.
Police said the women were dressed in clown regalia from head to foot and stated they thought it was "funny to terrorize unsuspecting pedestrians."
Sign up for ClickOnDetroit Email Newsletters (click here) for more stories like this.
Both women stood mute in court Friday morning. Their bonds were set at $10,000 cash or surety, no ten percent. They are due back in court Oct. 20.
Stay with Local 4 and ClickonDetroit.com for updates on this developing story.
- Man suspected in string of clown-masked robberies hits Madison Heights hotel
- Shots fired at officers during pursuit after hotel robbery involving clown in Livonia
- Embassy Suites in Livonia robbed at gunpoint by man wearing clown mask
- U of M - Dearborn urges students, staff to be cautious after clown sighting
- What's with all the clowns everywhere? 6 legit possibilities
- Detroit police frustrated by crimes involving fake clowns
- Boy injured, 2 women frightened by clowns in separate Sterling Heights incidents
- Man wearing clown mask arrested in Houston park
- Houston-area schools beef up security after creepy clown threats
- Police: Teen asked clown on social media to kill her teacher
- Schools asked to ban clown costumes amid investigation
- 2 clown robberies reported in Ann Arbor
- Armed clown robs Walgreens in Brownstown Township
Copyright 2016 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.