DETROIT – A man charged in connection with an extensive crime organization run out of the Victory Inn motel in Detroit was taken into custody.
Harold Lashawn Nero, also known as "Nephew,” is facing the following charges:
- sex trafficking conspiracy
- two counts of sex trafficking by force, fraud, and coercion
- conspiracy to distribute a controlled substance
- two counts of distribution of a controlled substance resulting in death or serious bodily injury; aiding and abetting
- maintaining drug-involved premises; aiding and abetting
Nero is just one of the many defendants facing a laundry list of charges including conspiracy, sex trafficking and drug distribution.
The Victory Inn motel was raided Jan. 12 by federal agents and police from several jurisdictions.
ORIGINAL REPORT: Police raid Victory Inn motel on Michigan Avenue in Detroit
Sign up for ClickOnDetroit Email Newsletters (click here) for more stories like this.