REDFORD, Mich. – Redford Township police believe a house explosion which seriously injured three people Wednesday night on Woodworth Street may have been related to marijuana production in the home.
Police said a preliminary investigation revealed butane was being used in the processing of marijuana at the home.
The explosion happened about 8:15 p.m. Wednesday. Officials ruled out a utility-related issue, such as a natural gas leak.
Three people suffered life-threatening injuries, police said. They are being treated at a hospital. Their conditions are not known at this time.
Stay with ClickOnDetroit.com for updates.