Michigan DNR seeking volunteers to help at state parks in January
The Michigan Department of Natural Resources is seeking volunteers to work at state parks in January.
Volunteers are needed to help locate and cut non-native, invasive shrubs that threaten to crowd out native plants and disrupt balance in high-quality ecosystems. Volunteers should bring work gloves, drinking water and wear long pants and sturdy, closed-toe shoes.
Southeast Michigan workdays
- Saturday, Jan. 20: Belle Isle Park (Wayne County), 9 a.m. to noon
- Sunday, Jan. 21: Highland Recreation Area (Oakland County), 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 27: Waterloo Recreation Area (Jackson County), 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 27: Highland Recreation Area (Oakland County), 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Southwest Michigan workdays
- Saturday, Jan. 20: Saugatuck Dunes State Park (Allegan County), 1-4 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 27: P.J. Hoffmaster State Park (Muskegon County), 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
Copyright 2017 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.