Woman dies after catching fire while on porch in Inkster

Neighbors say woman smokes on porch

INKSTER, Mich. – A woman died Monday after suffering burns caused by a fire on a porch in Inkster.

The fire happened in the 4100 block of Moore Street.

According to the Inkster Fire Department, the woman was badly burned and was taken to the hospital. Police said she succumbed to her injuries at about 3 p.m.

It is unclear how the woman caught fire. Neighbors say the woman regularly smokes on the porch.

Authorities said there were no signs of accelerants.

No other information was made available.

Stay with Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit for updates. 

About the Author:

Rod Meloni is an Emmy Award-winning Business Editor on Local 4 News and a Certified Financial Planner™ Professional.