ClickOnDetroit National Report -- Wednesday, June 26, 2019
Mueller will testify publicly before House panels
Special counsel Robert Mueller will testify publicly before House panels July 17 after being subpoenaed, according to House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler.
Around the country:
- Illinois: Illinois is now the 11th state in the United States to legalize the purchase and possession of recreational marijuana. Read more.
- New York City: A body pulled from the East River has been identified as that of missing YouTuber Desmond Amofah, better known by his online name, Etika, New York police said Tuesday. Read more.
- California: A gunman killed two people Tuesday evening at a Ford dealership south of San Jose, California, police said. Read more.
- Georgia: The Forsyth County Sheriff's office near Atlanta has released dramatic bodycam video from the night authorities found a newborn baby wrapped in a plastic bag in the woods. Read more.
- Virginia: A 2-year-old boy was put to bed in Virginia but was nowhere to be found in the morning, police say. Read more.
Shocking image shows migrant father, child drowned
The photo is haunting, a vivid reminder of the danger many face when they try to cross into the United States. It shows the human toll of a crisis at the border that's often debated with abstract statistics and detached policy arguments.
Prosecution rests in SEAL's military murder trial
Prosecutors in the military trial of Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher, accused of committing multiple violations of military law in Iraq, rested their case Tuesday.
Militia member charged with impersonating agent
Jim Benvie says he helped detain migrants crossing the US-Mexico border as part of a militia group. Now, he's facing prison time.
First 2020 Democratic debates
The first Democratic presidential candidate debates for the 2020 election will be held Wednesday and Thursday nights in Miami.
More POLITICS headlines:
- House panel votes to subpoena Kellyanne Conway
- Two Republican senators say rape allegation against Trump should be investigated
- Trump believes he doesn't need Congressional approval to strike Iran
- House passes border aid bill despite White House veto threat
- Trump's protocol chief suspended amid investigation
- What to watch for as Supreme Court term ends
Sports anchor Bob Ley retires after 40 years
Bob Ley, the longest-tenured anchor at ESPN and a journalistic legend, says he is retiring at the end of this month.
More ENTERTAINMENT headlines:
- Cuba Gooding Jr. due in court in alleged New York groping incident
- 'The Office' is leaving Netflix in 2021
- Cardi B pleads not guilty to charges in strip-club case
- Bluegrass musician Jeff Austin dies at 45
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.