Lake of the Clouds in the Porcupine Mountains. Stunning. Photo: @missb1021/Instagram
Happy Friday! We have some weak rain chances today, but nothing to worry about. Should be a nice September evening for high school football games. Get the full weekend forecast here.
Check the latest forecast at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
- SB M-10 (EB I-696) ramp to NB US-24 closed for maintenance.
- SB US-24 (Telegraph Rd) from Pennsylvania Road to West Road closed for construction.
- WB M-59 (Hall Rd) from Elizabeth Rd to Romeo Plank Rd left two lanes closed for construction.
🚧 Check the live Traffic Map here.
Kid Rock will take the stage at DTE Energy Music Theatre with back-to-back weekend performances of “Hot September Nights” on September 6-7 and 13-14. It will be Kid Rock’s first Michigan concerts since he served as the kickoff artist for the grand opening of Little Caesars Arena in September 2017.
The Plymouth Fall Festival hosts carnival rides, a large craft show, live music, pancake breakfast, chicken dinner, car show, bingo, and so much more!
Taking place the weekend after Labor Day, this three-day fine art festival includes over 250 fine art vendors, over 14 live performance groups and free kids art activities throughout the weekend, and twenty food vendors from across the continent.
The Detroit Red Wings will return to Centre Ice Arena in Traverse City to host their annual NHL Prospect Tournament and Training Camp, as well as the 21st Annual Training Camp Golf Classic at the Grand Traverse Resort and Spa in Acme.
🗓️ Here's what's on the calendar:
- Sept. 7 -- Dally in the Alley in Midtown 🍻
- Sept. 7 -- Jonas Brother at LCA 🎤
- Sept. 8 -- Detroit Lions open season in Arizona 🏈
- Sept. 8 -- ZZ Top at Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre 🎤
- Sept. 13 -- Great American Lobster Fest in Detroit 🦞
- Sept. 14 -- 18th Annual Tour de Troit 🚴
- Sept. 15 -- Detroit Lions home opener against Chargers at Ford Field 🏈
- Sept. 17 -- Detroit Red Wings begin preseason vs. Chicago
- Sept. 28 -- Avril Lavigne at Fox Theatre 🎤
Check the Live Guide calendar for more local events, and post your own.
Fight Procrastination Day ⌛
Did you wait until the last minute to read this newsletter? This day is for you. It is an unofficial holiday that encourages people to take charge of their procrastination problem and to find ways to combat the never-ending urge to put off important tasks for another day.
Hear ye, hear ye! We are now offering $5 off tickets to the Renaissance Festival! This year's festival runs weekends and Labor Day, Aug. 17 to Sept. 29. The fun all happens at 12600 Dixie Hwy, Holly, MI 48442.
Adventure awaits! Purchase your discounted tickets here!
Today's featured photo: Lake of the Clouds in the Porcupine Mountains. Stunning. Photo: @missb1021/Instagram
Submit your photo:
- Hit us up on Instagram -- @local4news
Send us a News Tip here.