DPD: 6 in custody -- 3 connected to quadruple Halloween shooting -- after Detroit shootout, standoff

Officials say 5 children safe after situation on Detroit's east side

Dozens of Detroit police officers and Michigan State Police troopers were called to the city's east side during a barricade situation. (WDIV)

DETROIT - Detroit police said six people were taken into custody Thursday -- three in connection with the shooting of four teenagers on Halloween -- after investigators witnessed a shootout between two groups and negotiated out of a barricade situation on the city's east side.

Investigators witness shootout

DPD Deputy Chief Elvin Barren said officers were in the 12000 block of Duchess Street near Moross Road around 12:30 p.m. Thursday for a follow-up investigation into a quadruple shooting on Halloween. Three teenagers were injured and a 15-year-old was killed in the shooting, which took place inside a home on Longholm Street on the city's east side.

UPDATEDetroit man charged in connection with quadruple shooting

A 15-year-old boy and 16-year-old boy were taken to a hospital in serious condition, and another 16-year-old boy was transported in temporary serious condition.

Police named Antonio Hubbard as a suspect. They were looking for him and another unknown man in connection with the shooting.

Antonio Hubbard (WDIV)

While officials were investigating Thursday, a shootout took place between two groups in the 12000 block of Duchess Street, Barren said. The shootout started inside the home, so police said the groups were all connected in some fashion.

Barricade situation

Some of the people involved in the shootout fled the location, so police called for backup and set up a perimeter around the neighborhood, Barren said. Police treated it as a barricade situation, announcing that there were "multiple armed suspects" in the area and asking residents to stay clear.

Police say multiple people are armed near Duchess and Moross on Detroit's east side. (WDIV)

Two nearby schools -- Denby High School and Carleton Elementary School -- were placed on lockdown. The lockdown was lifted around 3:30 p.m.

Police said Hubbard was one of the people inside the home and reached out to a Detroit police official. They were able to reach a resolution after a peaceful negotiation, Barren said.

15 people, 5 children inside home

There were 15 people inside the home, including five children, police said.

Everyone got out of the house safely and without incident, Barren said. The children were taken to a safe location.

Barren said two of the children are minors around 2 or 3 years old. The other three children are 11, 10 and 9 years old, he said.

6 taken into custody

Barren said six people were taken into custody, including three arrested in connection with the quadruple shooting on Halloween.

The three people connected to the quadruple shooting were seen being placed in handcuffs.

Barren said police are still sorting through the other suspects and determining how many other people might be involved.

There were no injuries reported, and police are still knocking on doors to see if there were any injuries, Barren said.

Two more search warrants were served, and police found a weapon, according to DPD. No additional arrests were made.

Officials are still working to determine how the rest of the people, including the other three taken into custody, are involved in the case, according to Barren.

The operation ended around 5:30 p.m. Thursday, and Moross Road is reopening.

You can watch Barren's full press conference below.

Copyright 2018 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.