DETROIT – It’s another round of cars doing donuts on Detroit’s streets. The latest incident happened on Fort Street, in Southwest Detroit on Sunday.
Local 4 was the only news station on scene.
- ‘We know it’s dangerous’: The drivers behind Detroit’s illegal car meetups, donut stunts
- I-94 donuts stunt blocks interstate, just like the Lodge Freeway stunt
- Viral video shows illegal stunt driving on the Lodge Freeway
- Detroit police release video of driver who hit bystander while doing donuts
- Could a legal place to do donuts curb dangerous stunts on Detroit roads? Drivers think so
First a Burgundy Charger started to spin in circles. Shortly after, a Silver Pontiac Firebird joined in. Both cars were holding up traffic, while people were watching and recording on their cell phones.
When police arrived, a Detroit Police Cruiser started chasing a white Challenge, but is cut off by a black car. Police had to make a split decision and turn down a side street. Moments later, multiple cars took off. Everything ended in just 5 minutes.
Police did place several people in handcuffs, before clearing the scene.