Henry Ford Health System: 718 COVID-19 patients being treated at 5 Michigan hospitals
DETROIT – Henry Ford Health System announced as of 11:45 a.m. Tuesday, April 7 it has 752 coronavirus (COVID-19) patients being treated at five of its Michigan hospitals.
The health system began reporting discharges on Tuesday -- 778 COVID-19 patients have been discharged home in last 30 days.
There were 5,954 patients with negative COVID-19 tests through Henry Ford Health System, while 3,902 had tested positive for coronavirus.
The hospital provided an update to how many patients were hospitalized at which location, as of April 7.
- Henry Ford Hospital (Detroit) -- 320 patients hospitalized of 1,848 who tested positive
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital -- 122 patients hospitalized of 559 who tested positive
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital -- 150 patients hospitalized of 534 who tested positive
- Henry Ford Wyandotte -- 98 patients hospitalized of 249 who tested positive
- Henry Ford Allegiance Health (Jackson) -- 35 patients hospitalized of 47 who tested positive
- Addition HFHS patients -- 400 positive tests
You can call the patient hotline between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, at: 313-874-1055.
The hospital is asking residents to get involved with the White Ribbon project to show support for first responders and even supplied a white ribbon image for those unable to make one at home. You can download it here.
Henry Ford Health said in-house testing is being prioritized for patients who are currently hospitalized, Emergency Department patients who are being admitted and Henry Ford Health care workers. Results are turned around within 24 hours, though it could be up to 48 hours due to increased demand, the hospital system said.
Tests performed on outpatients and those screened at Henry Ford drive-through/triage locations are sent to an outside lab for processing. Those results are anticipated in about 4-5 days.
Henry Ford Health System offered these facts about its facilities:
- Total ICU beds: 360.
- Negative pressure isolation rooms: About 150.
- Beds: Henry Ford Hospital, 877; Henry Ford Allegiance, 475; Henry Ford Macomb Hospital, 361; Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital, 401; Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital, 191.
- Total number of team members, more than: 31,600
Copyright 2020 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.