BIRMINGHAM, Mich. – Emergency crews responded to a house explosion in Birmingham on Monday morning.
The house, in the 1300 block of Chapin Avenue near Woodward Avenue, had visible damage to both the side and front brick.
The explosion happened around 9:45 a.m. on Monday. Police said the explosion happened after a resident turned on a light switch. Police said the explosion is being investigated as a possible gas leak.
Another picture - both front and side of house lost a lost of bricks. pic.twitter.com/tzcouksHpl— Chuck Jackson (@NewsDeskChuck) May 25, 2020
Birmingham FD chief says it’s being investigated as a gas leak right now pic.twitter.com/bzFDj2qlCe— Grant Hermes (@GrantHermes) May 25, 2020
The woman inside the house has minor injuries. No other injuries were reported.
Consumers Energy was on the scene and reported no gas leaks outside the home.
Check back for updates.