HARPER WOODS, Mich. – Officials said on Tuesday at 1 a.m. officers from the Harper Woods Department of Public Safety responded to the Parkcrest Inn on the report of shots being fired.
When officers arrived, they found several victims who reported being shot at by the same man. Nobody was struck by a bullet.
Lewis Nichols, 27, of Detroit, was found in the rear seat of a vehicle parked in the rear parking lot of the Parkcrest Inn and arrested. Officers also found a 9mm semi-automatic handgun in the vehicle.
Officers also recovered a 9mm semi-automatic handgun in the vehicle with Nichols. Officers said they also collected 18 9mm casings.
Priscilla Slater, 38, was arrested alongside Nichols at the Inn and faced a firearm charge. Slater later died in police custody on Wednesday of an unknown cause.
Nichols was arraigned and charged in 32-A District Court and charged with the following:
- Three counts of assault with intent to murder
- Three counts of assault with intent to do great bodily harm less than murder
- Three counts of felonious assault
- Six counts of weapons, felony firearm
- One count of careless discharge of a firearm
- One count of discharge of a firearm in or at a building
- One count of firearm, possession by a felon
- One count of possession of ammunition by a felon
- One count of weapons, carrying concealed
Nichols was also given a habitual fourth offense notice. If convicted, he faces up to life in prison.
Nichols has a Preliminary Examination date scheduled for July 01, 2020 at 1:30 p.m. in 32-A District Court. Bond was set at $250,000.00 cash.