2 found dead from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in Detroit home

Authorities found generator in kitchen, officials said


DETROIT – Two people were found dead Tuesday night in a Detroit home in what authorities believe to be a carbon monoxide poisoning.

According to the Detroit Fire Department, a male and a female -- their ages are currently unknown -- were found dead at about 11:35 p.m. in a house on Algonquin Street, near Forest and Dickerson avenues. Officials say they found a generator in the kitchen, but it was not running when first responders arrived. Officials suspect that it was running, but ran out of gas.

The individuals that were found did not have contact with anyone for more than 24 hours, officials said.

No other details have been released at this time. This is an ongoing investigation.

Stay with Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit for updates.

More: Local news

About the Author:

Cassidy Johncox is a senior digital news editor covering stories across the spectrum, with a special focus on politics and community issues.