Here’s how to keep your pets safe from carbon monoxide poisoning
The advertiser paid a fee to promote this sponsored article and may have influenced or authored the content. This article is sponsored by KiddeKidde has declared today the first-ever National Carbon Monoxide Pet Safety Day. A lot of pet owners are unable to identify if a pet is suffering from carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. Your pet can react to carbon monoxide faster than you because a pet is smaller and breathes 2 breaths to every one of a human. For more safety guidelines and to purchase your CO alarm visit kidde.com/petsafetyWatch the video to learn more about how to keep your pet safe from carbon monoxide poisoning.
10 people sickened by carbon monoxide on Lake Michigan boat
SOUTH HAVEN, Mich. – Ten people aboard a boat on Lake Michigan were sickened after exposure to carbon monoxide, authorities in Michigan said Saturday. Authorities received a distress call from the captain of the 32-foot boat that was traveling in Michigan from St. Joseph to South Haven around 2:45 p.m. The boat was intercepted near the South Haven pier. Authorities said all ten people were evaluated and treated at a hospital. Several law enforcement agencies responded including the Van Buren County Sheriff’s office and South Haven Area Emergency Services.
Girlfriend of one of men found dead in Highland Park home wanted police to force entry
HIGHLAND PARK, Mich. – The girlfriend of one of the men found dead in a Highland Park home wanted police to force entry into the building the previous day when nobody answered the door, officials said. Officials said the girlfriend of one of those men went to the home Saturday and called police when she couldn’t get in contact with anyone. When nobody answered, the girlfriend wanted police to force their way into the home, but there was nothing unusual or illegal going on, so authorities called the landlord. They found the two men dead upstairs, according to authorities. Highland Park officials can’t officially name a cause of death, but someone removing items from the house Monday said there was a heavy smell of exhaust fumes still inside.