DETROIT – Detroit Red Wings GM Steve Yzerman will be participating in Tuesday night’s NHL Draft event remotely after he was exposed to a person who tested positive for COVID-19, the club announced.
Yzerman has tested negative for the virus multiple times since, the Red Wings said. He is not experiencing any symptoms.
“Out of an abundance of caution, however, he will join the Red Wings hockey operations staff virtually for the entirety of the 2020 NHL Entry Draft,” reads a statement from the team.
The draft overall will be a virtual event this year. However, GMs and some staff members will be in person -- others will join via video.
Here’s another look at Yzerman’s list of picks in this draft:
- Round 1 -- 4th pick
- Round 2 -- 32nd pick
- Round 2 -- 45th pick (trade with Oilers)
- Round 2 -- 56th pick (trade with Capitals)
- Round 3 -- 63rd pick
- Round 3 -- 65th pick (trade with Sharks)
- Round 4 -- 107th pick (trade with Oilers)
- Round 5 -- 125th pick
- Round 6 -- 156th pick
- Round 7 -- 187th pick
It begins at 7 p.m. tonight. Rounds 2-7 will be held Wednesday, Oct. 7 beginning at 11:30 a.m. ET.
- TV: The first round will be broadcast on NBCSN while the second round will be on NHL Network.
Sign up here for the latest news on the team and from around the league, and some jokes (good ones).