For Michigan State, the ‘clock’s ticking’ to move on from first loss
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – Michigan State’s postgame press conference on Saturday was unique. Instead of coach Mel Tucker and players speaking from a media room, they stood behind a table outside at Ross-Ade Stadium. Thousands of Purdue fans, who had just stormed the field after a 40-29 upset win against Michigan State, streamed past just feet away.mlive.com
Michigan State DT Simeon Barrow disqualified for targeting vs. Purdue
– Michigan State was already shorthanded to begin the game and will have to finish without another starter. Defensive tackle Simeon Barrow was disqualified for targeting with 11:36 remaining in the third quarter of Saturday’s game at Purdue. Live updates: Michigan State takes unbeaten record to PurdueBecause the call occurred in the second half, Barrow will have to sit out the first half of next week’s game against Maryland. 5 Michigan (8-0, 5-0 Big Ten) to face Purdue (5-3, 3-2 Big Ten) in receiver Jalen Nailor and left tackle Jarrett Horst. Related Michigan State football stories:Michigan State WR Jalen Nailor, LT Jarrett Horst among those out vs. PurdueMichigan State’s OL shares in success of Kenneth Walker III while drawing motivation5 things to watch in Michigan State vs. Purdue and a final score predictionMichigan State’s Drew Beesley returns from injury to create lifelong memoryMichigan State’s key fourth-down gambles paying off this seasonmlive.com
Michigan State WR Jalen Nailor, LT Jarrett Horst among those out vs. Purdue
– Michigan State will attempt to remain unbeaten without two key offensive starters. Wide receiver Jalen Nailor and left tackle Jarrett Horst didn’t travel with the team for the No. Live updates: Michigan State takes unbeaten record to PurdueAmong the others unavailable for Michigan State are tight ends Trenton Gillison and Parks Gissinger, offensive lineman Matt Carrick, defensive end Jack Camper and receiver Ian Stewart. Jayden Reed leads Michigan State with 33 catches for 642 yards, to go with five touchdown catches. Related Michigan State football stories:Michigan State’s OL shares in success of Kenneth Walker III while drawing motivationMichigan State’s Drew Beesley returns from injury to create lifelong memoryMichigan State’s key fourth-down gambles paying off this seasonGiven a chance, Michigan State true freshman Charles Brantley delivers at critical momentMichigan State’s ‘very impressive win’ vs. Michigan keys No.mlive.com
From Big House to Buckeyes: Ranking the Big Ten’s biggest cities in U.S. Census update
Fee Hall on Monday, Aug. 17, 2020 on campus at Michigan State University in East Lansing. East Lansing, Michigan (Michigan State University)This is one of two Big Ten cities to fall in population in the latest census. Hoover and Greene, a four-story, 171-unit, 182-bed apartment building with ground-floor commercial space at 151 E. Hoover Ave. in Ann Arbor on Tuesday, June 8, 2021.Jacob Hamilton | The Ann Arbor News6. Ann Arbor, Michigan (University of Michigan)The latest update for Ann Arbor is 123,851 residents, which city officials credit to the city’s downtown housing boom over the last decade. Combined, they just edge out Ann Arbor by a few thousand residents in the latest census update.mlive.com
NCAA President to meet with protesting basketball players
The three players used the Twitter hashtag #NotNCAAProperty to raise awareness of what they believe are inequities in college sports two days before the men’s basketball tournament started in Indianapolis. The players had originally asked to meet with Emmert last week. The players urged him to meet with them sooner and Huma said the NCAA reached out this week to set up Thursday's meeting. The men's tournament is being held in Indianapolis, with the final two spots in the Final Four being determined Tuesday night. ___More AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and updated bracket: https://apnews.com/hub/ncaa-mens-bracket
To continue NCAA Tournament run, Michigan will need freshmen to step up
So of course he drained two in the NCAA Tournament opener on Saturday. Terrance Williams played double digits for the second straight postseason game after not appearing in the previous three. In Saturday’s 82-66 win over Texas Southern, Williams played 11 minutes and Jackson played eight. It will be important as the competition increases throughout the NCAA Tournament. “We’ll continue to need it in this next game and hopefully throughout the rest of this postseason run.”More Michigan basketball content:Tip time, location announced for Michigan vs. LSUMichigan vs. LSU point spread: Wolverines favored in NCAA Tournament matchupMichigan let off the gas in NCAA Tournament opener but did enough to advancemlive.com
Ayala scores 23 to push No. 10 Maryland past UConn
Maryland won 63-54. Eric Ayala scored 23 points and the 10th-seeded Terrapins clamped down on defense to snag a 63-54 victory over No. 7 UConn in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday night. Maryland held UConn to 32% shooting to overcome the Huskies' strong physical game. We’re not there yet.”It was the first meeting between Maryland and UConn since Maryland won in the 2002 regional final en route to its only national championship.
Michigan let off the gas in NCAA Tournament opener but did enough to advance
Three Wolverines came off the bench who also had never experienced college basketball’s biggest stage. “Personally I was a little nervous at first,” Smith said after Michigan’s NCAA Tournament opener against Texas Southern on Saturday. The second half featured nine Michigan turnovers and 16 Texas Southern free throws. Even with the short turnaround, Howard wanted to enjoy the victory over Texas Southern -- as he should. Michigan won’t be penalized against LSU for giving Texas Southern a sliver of hope late.mlive.com
Howard, Michigan roll past Texas Southern in NCAA tourney
– Juwan Howard got the win in his first NCAA Tournament game since taking over at Michigan, guiding Mike Smith and the top-seeded Wolverines to an 82-66 victory over Texas Southern on Saturday. It's his second season in charge, but the NCAA Tournament was canceled last year because of the pandemic. Howard and the Wolverines (21-4) had little trouble with the No 16 seed Texas Southern, but the absence of Livers could lead to adversity down the road. It wasn’t perfect as Texas Southern outscored Michigan 42-30 in the paint and got within 12 late, causing Dickinson to re-enter the game. Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference member Norfolk State ousted Appalachian State on the same court, marking the first time SWAC and MEAC schools won NCAA Tournament games on the same day.
No. 1 Michigan beats Texas Southern, moves on to play No. 8 LSU in second round of NCAA Tournament
16 seed Texas Southern in the first round of the NCAA Tournament and will play No. 13 North Texas -- Michigan didn’t leave any doubt from the tip. The Wolverines scored the first seven points of the game and never let Texas Southern back within a possession. Zeb Jackson #3 of the Michigan Wolverines reacts during the first half against the Texas Southern Tigers in the first round game of the 2021 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament at Mackey Arena on March 20, 2021 in West Lafayette, Indiana. (2021 Getty Images)Michael Weathers scored 24 points for Texas Southern on 8-for-18 shooting.
How to watch Michigan vs. Texas Southern in NCAA Tournament: TV channel, start time, streams
Texas Southern hasn’t advanced past the first round in program history. It’s a true David vs. Goliath matchup on Saturday in the NCAA Tournament opener. Texas Southern, meanwhile, has won 10 in a row, including Thursday’s play-in game against fellow 16 seed Mount St. Mary’s. Saturday’s matchup will be played at Purdue’s Mackey Arena in West Lafayette, Indiana, where Michigan won 70-53 earlier this season. Who: NCAA Tournament first round: Michigan vs. Texas Southern (men’s basketball)TV: CBSDay/Time: Saturday, March 20, 3:00 p.m.mlive.com
Michigan basketball gameday: NCAA Tournament opener vs. Texas Southern
1 seed Michigan Wolverines (20-4) vs. No. 16 seed Texas Southern Tigers (17-8)Where: Mackey Arena (West Lafayette, Indiana)When: Saturday, March 20, 3:00 p.m. Texas Southern won a play-in game on Thursday, the program’s first NCAA Tournament win in its history. Texas Southern is not the kind of underdog likely to catch fire from deep. Pregame reading:Get to know Texas SouthernMichigan will play Texas Southern in first round of NCAA TournamentInside the NCAA Tournament bubble with Michigan basketballDown a man, Michigan still has the pieces, and the belief, to make an NCAA Tournament runDon’t expect Michigan’s Isaiah Livers to play in NCAA TournamentNational experts don’t think Michigan will reach Final Fourmlive.com
Wisconsin routs UNC, Williams falls to 29-1 in NCAA openers
– North Carolina coach Roy Williams lost his first opening-round NCAA Tournament game in 30 tries as ninth-seeded Wisconsin blew out his eighth-seeded Tar Heels 85-62 on Friday night. Brad Davison scored 29 points for the Badgers, who negated North Carolina's size advantage by draining 13 of 27 3-pointers. North Carolina came in on a three-game winning streak but did not win four in a row all season. Davison hit another 3 with 34 seconds left in the half to make it 40-24 and bring the boisterous Wisconsin fans to their feet. That score held until halftime, and the Wisconsin fans stood and cheered throughout the final seconds.
Oral Roberts shocks Ohio State, first big upset of NCAAs
– Ohio State's players were dancing around in the moments before tipoff against Oral Roberts, relaxed and full of swagger. AdObanor scored seven of Oral Roberts' 11 points in overtime, including two free throws with 13 seconds left. Oral Roberts entered the game at 82.35%, but made 14 of 18 in the game to slide to 82.17%. KNEELINGFive Ohio State players knelt during the playing of the national anthem, one of many such demonstrations during the tournament. AdSTAT LINESOhio State outrebounded Oral Roberts 49-32, but the Golden Eagles balanced that out by committing six turnovers to the Buckeyes’ 16.
Michigan State’s season comes to fitting, mistake-filled end in NCAA Tournament opener
That’s how things went for Michigan State in its NCAA Tournament play-in game loss to UCLA on Thursday night. But it could also describe the Spartans’ season as a whole. “That’s the way the season went,” Spartans coach Tom Izzo said. The Spartans went 2-for-9 to close the game and missed all but one of their shots and overtime. The game oddly mirrored Michigan State’s season.mlive.com
710 days later, NCAA Tournament is back with 'First Four'
UCLA won 86-80. But because of the pandemic, it’s been 710 days since last we saw the NCAA Tournament — who’s counting? The first four games were grafted onto the 64-team main bracket in 2011, naturally, to pad the NCAA coffers. Michigan State’s brief appearance in the tournament was coach Tom Izzo’s 23rd straight, but it was small consolation. They told me that the flight was leaving tomorrow at 9:30 (am),” Norfolk State coach Robert Jones said.
Joshua Langford plans on moving on from Michigan State after NCAA Tournament loss
– Michigan State’s last basket of the season came with 46 seconds left, when Joshua Langford drove on the fast break for a layup in his team’s overtime NCAA Tournament loss to UCLA. Turns out that was likely the last basket of Langford’s long Michigan State career. “It’s my last college basketball game for Michigan State, so that’s tough,” Langford said in his postgame press conference. Langford has already been with Michigan State five seasons, opting to return in 2020-21 after initially leaning toward turning professional last summer. Langford came to Michigan State as a McDonald’s All-American recruit from Alabama in 2016 as part of the team’s highly touted recruiting class.mlive.com
UCLA beats Michigan St 86-80 in overtime in First Four game
– UCLA showed plenty of fight in its overtime win over Michigan State in a First Four game in the NCAA Tournament. UCLA forced overtime with Jaime Jaquez Jr.'s three-point play with 3.3 seconds to go, then pulled away in the extra session for an 86-80 victory at Mackey Arena on Thursday night. Riley was back on the floor for a crucial free throw in overtime, and the Bruins survived to make it a good start to their 50th appearance in the NCAA Tournament. They also split their four NCAA Tournament games, with UCLA winning in 1965 and 1971 and the Cougars winning in 1950 and 1981. ___More AP college basketball: https://apnews.com/hub/college-basketball and updated NCAA Tournament bracket: https://apnews.com/hub/ncaa-mens-bracket
UCLA beats Michigan St 86-80 in overtime in First Four game
– UCLA showed plenty of fight in its overtime win over Michigan State in a First Four game in the NCAA Tournament. UCLA forced overtime on Jaime Jaquez Jr.'s three-point play with 3.3 seconds to go, then pulled away in the extra session for an 86-80 victory at Mackey Arena on Thursday night. Once overtime came around, Juzang hit the first two baskets of the extra session to give UCLA the lead. Michigan State was 16 of 18 from the foul line but missed one in overtime. They also split their four NCAA Tournament games, with UCLA winning in 1965 and 1971 and the Cougars winning in 1950 and 1981.
Drake tops Wichita State for first NCAA win in 50 years
Joseph Yesufu scored 21 points and Drake held on to beat Wichita State 53-52 in a tense First Four matchup between former Missouri Valley Conference rivals. Wichita State left for the American Athletic Conference in 2017. Both mid-major powers were given at-large bids into the NCAA field, and their matchup was dominated by defense — Drake shot 38% while Wichita State shot 34%. We just didn’t get it done tonight.”AdDrake missed 10 straight shots as Wichita State built an early 18-6 lead. Wichita State was scoreless for the last five minutes of the half.
Michigan will play Texas Southern in first round of NCAA Tournament
Four days after the NCAA Tournament bracket was announced, Michigan knows its first-round opponent. Texas Southern, a 16 seed, will face No. Texas Southern beat another 16 seed, Mount St. Mary’s, 60-52 in Thursday night’s play-in game at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Indiana. Only one 16 seed in NCAA Tournament history has defeated a 1 seed. More Michigan basketball content:Inside the NCAA Tournament bubble with Michigan basketballDown a man, Michigan still has the pieces, and the belief, to make an NCAA Tournament runDon’t expect Michigan’s Isaiah Livers to play in NCAA TournamentNational experts don’t think Michigan will reach Final FourMichigan’s path to Final Four in East Regionmlive.com
Michigan State Basketball Gameday: A late NCAA Tournament opener vs. UCLA at Mackey Arena
GAME INFORMATIONWho: Michigan State (15-12) vs. UCLA (17-9)When: 9:57 p.m.Where: Mackey Arena, West Lafayette, Ind. 206Line: Michigan State -2Twitter: Follow Kyle AustinGAME NOTES• Michigan State is 4-6 in program history against UCLA but has won matchups in each of the past two seasons. • Thursday will mark the first time in program history that Michigan State has played in an NCAA Tournament play-in game. • Michigan State has a record of 26-7 in its first game of the NCAA Tournament. PRE-GAME LINKSSpartan Confidential podcast: Michigan State, UCLA set for blue blood battleMLive’s NCAA Tournament picks: Sleepers, upsets and national championsCan Michigan State go from a play-in game to an NCAA Tournament run?mlive.com
Indiana fires Miller, raises private money to cover buyout
Indiana athletic director Scott Dolson decided keeping Miller would prove even more costly. Dolson fired Miller on Monday, armed with enough cash from private donations to cover the buyout and ready to answer a fan base angered by four straight mediocre seasons. Indiana hasn't been to the NCAA Tournament since 2016, hasn't reached a Final Four since 2002 and hasn't won a national championship since 1987 — the longest drought in school history. McRobbie accepted the recommendation and then gave Dolson permission to find private money to cover the costs. Miller successfully recruited some of the state’s best talent, including three straight Indiana Mr. Basketball Award winners -- Romeo Langford, Trayce Jackson-Davis and Anthony Leal.
Michigan draws Saturday afternoon tipoff time to start NCAA Tournament
The Michigan men’s basketball team will leave Indianapolis for its first-round NCAA Tournament game on Saturday (March 20). Related: NCAA Tournament 2021: Download, print the bracketShould Michigan advance, it would play Monday against the winner of 8 seed LSU and 9 seed St. Bonaventure. It is about a one-hour drive from Indianapolis, where the Wolverines played in the Big Ten Tournament this weekend. The entire NCAA Tournament is being held in Indiana. See also: Isaiah Livers on the timeline of his injury, potential return for Michiganmlive.com
Edey, No. 23 Purdue beat Indiana for 9th straight time
Purdue has won nine straight in the series, matching the second-longest streak in school history. The Boilermakers also won nine straight from 1929-35 when future coach John Wooden was playing, plus they won 12 straight from 1908-14. It quickly cut a 29-20 deficit to 35-31 early in the second half before the Boilermakers answered with eight straight points. Starting guard Armaan Franklin missed his fourth straight game (right foot). The Boilermakers won despite going 6 of 21 on 3s and having 15 turnovers.
Michigan basketball reschedules Michigan State, Illinois, Iowa games following shutdown
(AP Photo/Michael Conroy)ANN ARBOR, Mich. – Michigan basketball has rescheduled home games against Michigan State, Illinois and Iowa after several matchups were postponed by a three-week pause. READ: If Michigan basketball wants Big Ten title, it has to beat the best over next 2 weeksTwo of those five games -- home games against Michigan State and Illinois -- will now be made up, the university announced. Here’s how the final six games of the Michigan schedule will play out:Feb. 21: at No. 5 IllinoisMarch 4: vs. Michigan StateMarch 7: at Michigan StateThe Iowa game was originally scheduled to take place March 4, but now, the Wolverines will finish the season with a home-and-home against in-state rival Michigan State. Ohio State, Iowa and Illinois are the top three teams in the conference, other than Michigan.
Michigan State Basketball Gameday: Spartans look to end Mackey Arena woes vs. Purdue
GAME INFORMATIONWho: Michigan State (10-8, 4-8) vs. Purdue (13-8, 8-6)When: 7 p.m. • Purdue has won three straight games against Michigan State, its longest win streak in the series since it won seven straight from 1993-97. • Purdue forward Trevion Williams scored 26 points against Michigan State in the two teams’ last matchup, the second-most points he’s scored in a game this season. PRE-GAME LINKSFive-star prospect Enoch Boakye decommits from Michigan State5 things to watch: Was 30-point Iowa loss rock bottom for Michigan State? Tom Izzo blames himself as Michigan State suffers another lopsided defeatmlive.com
Michigan basketball gameday: U-M visits streaking Purdue
7 Michigan Wolverines (12-1, 7-1) at Purdue Boilermakers (11-5, 6-3)Where: Mackey Arena (West Lafayette, Indiana)When: Friday, January 22, 7:01 p.m. Michigan is not just the lone Big Ten team with seven wins, but the only team with just one loss after Iowa fell to Indiana on Thursday. Michigan and Purdue have three common opponents so far: both teams beat Oakland, Maryland, and Penn State. Purdue coach Matt Painter recognized Michigan will be his team’s biggest challenge yet. Pregame reading:Full game preview: Purdue (very) big men ready to face Hunter Dickinson and Michigan‘We’re winning now’: Michigan’s transfers have been the perfect additionsBrandon Johns Jr. is believing in himself and giving Michigan a sparkPick your poison against Michigan basketballMichigan basketball bounces back by bashing Marylandmlive.com
Williams, Hunter lead Purdue past No. 20 Ohio State 67-60
Ohio State forward Kyle Young (25) shoots over Purdue forward Trevion Williams (50) during the first half of an NCAA college basketball game in West Lafayette, Ind., Wednesday, Dec. 16, 2020. – Trevion Williams scored 16 points and came close to a triple-double, leading Purdue past No. 20 Ohio State 67-60 on Wednesday night. Ohio State closed to 65-59 when Washington made a 3 with 2:50 left. Ohio State and Purdue finally got to square off — 279 days after their originally scheduled game was canceled.
Watts scores 20, No. 8 Michigan State beats No. 6 Duke 75-69
Michigan State basketball coach Tom Izzo has tested positive for COVID-19. 8 Michigan State beat No. “They are able to play at a consistently higher level than us due to their depth right now," Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said. Joey Hauser had 11 points and 10 rebounds, while Malik Hall added 10 points and 10 rebounds for Michigan State. “I’m going to smile and enjoy it because I haven’t done a very good job against Duke," Izzo said.
Kendall Klochack of Grand Blanc signs to play softball at Purdue
FLINT – Kendall Klochack is heading south to become a Boilermaker. The All-State senior pitcher from Grand Blanc signed her national letter of intent Wednesday to play softball at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Ind. Very blessed and excited.”As a sophomore, Klochack was the Flint-area softball Player of the Year after leading the Bobcats (26-10) to Saginaw Valley and district championships. Klochack had a 20-5 record, 1.20 ERA and .567 WHIP while striking out a whopping 299 batters and walking just 12. MORE:2019 Flint-area softball Dream TeamLearn more about Kendall Klochack2019 All-area softball and baseball photo galleryVote for football Player of the WeekGrand Blanc better prepared for Davison rematchmlive.com
Mayors from 11 Big Ten cities request 4 additional safety measures ahead of football season
All rights reserved)ANN ARBOR, Mich. – Mayors from 11 Big Ten cities sent a letter to the conference requesting four additional safety measures be taken ahead of football season. After it was originally postponed until the spring, the Big Ten football season was reinstated last month and will begin this weekend. On Tuesday, 12 mayors -- 11 from Big Ten cities, as well as the mayor of Lansing -- sent a letter to the league requesting a few additional precautions be put in place. Work with local and county health officials to agree on a positivity rate that would make a city unsafe to hold a game. “We know the history of football games within our cities,” the letter says.
Goodbye breakfast buffets and notepads, hello germ-zapping robots. How hotels are doubling down on hygiene and what that means for your next stay.
You cant just tell people youre cleaning, you have to let them see people cleaning, said Jonathon Day, associate professor at Purdue Universitys School of Hospitality and Tourism Management in West Lafayette, Indiana. These companies need to be transparent about what theyre doing and demonstrate it, so we have a sense of comfort. Its only when I feel safe about going back to hotels that Im going to let my guard down enough to leave my house.chicagotribune.com
TCU football vs. Kansas State: Time, TV schedule, game preview, score
Members of the TCU Horned Frogs celebrate with Al'Dontre Davis #80 of the TCU Horned Frogs after a touchdown during the second half against the Purdue Boilermakers at Ross-Ade Stadium on September 14, 2019 in West Lafayette, Indiana. (PhotoMANHATTAN, Kan. - Winning the time of possession battle will be critical for TCU on Saturday when it heads to Kansas State for a Big 12 showdown. TCU has won four of the last five meetings with Kansas State, including a 14-13 victory at home last season that pushed its series lead to 7-5. The Horned Frogs are 41-15 following a loss under Patterson. PREDICTION: TCU 27, Kansas State 23More college football scoresCopyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.
Vanderbilt football vs. UNLV: Time, TV schedule, game preview, score
Ke'Shawn Vaughn #5 of the Vanderbilt Commodores runs the ball as Derrick Barnes #55 of the Purdue Boilermakers closes in for the tackle at Ross-Ade Stadium on September 7, 2019 in West Lafayette, Indiana. LINE: Vanderbilt -14.5Riley Neal, a grad transfer from Ball State, has started the first five game for the Commodores after edging out junior Deuce Wallace in the preseason. ABOUT VANDERBILT (1-4)Wallace's running ability could add another dimension to a Commodores offense that ranks last in the SEC in scoring offense (19.6 points per game), total offense (345.4 yards), rushing offense (115.6 yards) and third-down conversion rate (27 percent). This is the first meeting between UNLV and Vanderbilt. PREDICTION: Vanderbilt 37, UNLV 13More college football scoresCopyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.
TCU football vs. Iowa State: Time, TV schedule, game preview, score
Members of the TCU Horned Frogs celebrate with Al'Dontre Davis #80 of the TCU Horned Frogs after a touchdown during the second half against the Purdue Boilermakers at Ross-Ade Stadium on September 14, 2019 in West Lafayette, Indiana. (PhotoAMES, Iowa - It will be a contrast in offensive styles when TCU visits Iowa State on Saturday in Big 12 Conference play. ABOUT IOWA STATE (2-2, 0-1)The Cyclones have rotated five different running backs -- Kene Nwangwu, Johnnie Lang, Sheldon Croney, Breece Hall and Jirehl Brock -- but head coach Matt Campbell said the competition remains even. Iowa State is 7-0 in October games vs. Big 12 opponents since 2017. PREDICTION: Iowa State 24, TCU 21More college football scoresCopyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.
TCU football vs. Kansas: Time, TV schedule, game preview, score
(PhotoFORT WORTH, Texas - TCU will try to engineer a turnaround from a dismal loss when it hosts Kansas on Saturday in Big 12 play. The Horned Frogs had few answers defensively and a late offensive flurry fell short as they suffered a humbling 41-38 loss to SMU last weekend. Senior running back Darius Anderson has rushed for 368 yards and four touchdowns and owns an impressive 9.0 yards per carry. TCU holds a 22-9-4 series lead but Kansas notched a 27-26 home upset last season. PREDICTION: TCU 37, Kansas 31More college football scoresCopyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.
Vanderbilt football vs. Northern Illinois: Time, TV schedule, game preview, score
Ke'Shawn Vaughn #5 of the Vanderbilt Commodores runs the ball as Derrick Barnes #55 of the Purdue Boilermakers closes in for the tackle at Ross-Ade Stadium on September 7, 2019 in West Lafayette, Indiana. The Huskies opened the season with a victory over Illinois State but gave up 79 points in back-to-back losses to No. ABOUT NORTHERN ILLINOIS (1-2)Senior quarterback Ross Bowers, who transferred from Cal, has passed for 776 yards through three games with three touchdowns and three interceptions. Neal faced Northern Illinois twice while at Ball State in 2016 and 2018, completing 55-of-96 passes for 536 yards and no touchdowns in a pair of losses. PREDICTION: Vanderbilt 27, Northern Illinois 17More college football scoresCopyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.
Purdue football vs. Vanderbilt: Time, TV schedule, game preview, score
(Photo by Michael Hickey/Getty Images)WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Vanderbilt and Purdue will meet for the first time since 1942 when the Commodores travel to West Lafayette, Ind., on Saturday afternoon. Both teams are still in search of a win after opening their seasons with losses in entirely different fashion. Vanderbilt won its only previous trip to West Lafayette, 3-0, in 1941 under second-year head coach Red Sanders. PREDICTION: Vanderbilt 31, Purdue 27More college football scoresCopyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.
Purdue football vs. Nevada: Time, TV schedule, game preview, score
(Photo by Michael Hickey/Getty Images)RENO, Nev. - Purdue pulled one of the biggest upsets of the 2018 season when it stunned No. ABOUT PURDUE (2018: 6-7)The strong-armed 6-foot-4 Sindelar completed 26-of-44 passes for 283 yards, two touchdowns and three interceptions last season. Senior Tario Fuller, expected to start at running back, will also miss the game with a fractured jaw. Purdue was scheduled to leave for Reno on Wednesday night to adjust to the 4,500-foot altitude and time zone change. PREDICTION: Purdue 35, Nevada 24More college football scoresCopyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.