Snow emergencies issued in Metro Detroit for Jan. 17-19 -- view list here
Communities are issuing snow emergencies in anticipation of several inches of snow Friday night and Saturday in southeastern Michigan.
- Forecast: 5 to 10 inches of snow expected
- Live weather updates: Several inches of snow expected this weekend
- View the latest weather alerts here.
- Track the Michigan Weather Radar here.
- Get the Local4Casters app for alerts and to track the storm with radar.
When a snow emergency is declared, residents are asked to refrain from parking on city streets to allow for plow trucks to conduct snow removal.
Current snow emergencies list:
- Auburn Hills -- in effect 12 a.m. Saturday until noon Sunday. The city says parking is prohibited on streets in residential neighborhoods during this time to allow snow removal crews the ability to clear the roads and residential neighborhoods as quickly as possible. Vehicles parked in the roadway could be ticketed or towed at the owner’s expense. Abandoned vehicles along I-75, M-59 and major roadways will also be towed. Anyone who does not have to travel is asked to stay off the roadways during the storm and subsequent snow removal operations.
- Berkley -- in effect 10 p.m. Friday until further notice.
- Birmingham -- in effect 11 p.m. Friday, Jan. 17 until further notice. Per city ordinance, parking is prohibited on streets. Illegally parked vehicles will be ticketed and may be towed, and the registered owner of the vehicle will be responsible for the towing cost.
- Clawson -- in effect 12 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 18 until 3 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 18. The city says all street parking, including street parking within the downtown area, is prohibited. Any violation of the ordinance will be responsible for a civil infraction. Any vehicles marked or tagged as abandoned vehicles during the snow emergency and are not removed within 48 hours may be deemed to be abandoned and taken into police custody.
- Farmington -- in effect 4 p.m. Saturday until further notice.
- Ferndale -- in effect 8 a.m. Saturday until further notice.
- Oak Park -- in effect 6 a.m. Saturday until noon Sunday. As per city ordinance, when a snow emergency is declared, parking is not permitted on city streets until the snow emergency has been lifted. This allows the Department of Public Works to efficiently clear the city’s roadways. For a map of available snow emergency parking locations within Oak Park, visit this link: www.bit.ly/OPSnowEmergencyParking.
- Royal Oak -- The city of Royal Oak declared a snow emergency at 7 a.m. Saturday.
- Hunington Woods -- A snow emergency has been declared in Huntington Woods for Saturday starting at 10 a.m. and expires at 3 p.m. No parked vehicles are permitted in the street during this time to facilitate the removal of snow by the City’s Department of Public Works crew.
- Allen Park -- in effect from midnight Saturday until midnight Sunday.
- Brownstown Township -- in effect from 11 p.m. Friday until further notice.
- Canton Township -- in effect 10 p.m. Friday until further notice.
- Dearborn Heights -- authorities are urging residents to keep vehicles off the roads.
- Flat Rock -- in effect from midnight Saturday to midnight Sunday.
- Harper Woods -- in effect 11 p.m. Friday and remains in effect until 48 hours after it stops snowing. It will be unlawful to park any vehicle on any street during this snow emergency and all permits issued under Section 25-4 of the code are not valid during this, the city said.
- Lincoln Park -- in effect midnight Saturday until 8 p.m. Saturday.
- Livonia -- A snow emergency is in effect at 6 a.m. Saturday. All vehicles parked in the road must be removed by 12 p.m. Saturday.
- Plymouth Township -- in effect from 3 a.m. Saturday until noon Saturday.
- Riverview -- in effect 9 p.m. Friday until further notice.
- Rockwood -- in effect 10 p.m. Friday until further notice.
- Romulus -- in effect 8 p.m. Friday until further notice. As of 8 p.m. Friday, Jan. 17 all parked vehicles must be removed from Romulus streets for easier snow removal.
- Southgate -- in effect 12 a.m. Saturday until 12 a.m. Sunday.
- Taylor -- in effect midnight Saturday until further notice.
- Van Buren Township -- Residents are asked to remove their vehicles from streets ahead of the snow.
- Wyandotte -- A snow emergency has been declared in Wyandotte for 12 a.m. Saturday. All vehicles must be removed from the street.
- Inkster -- The city of Inkster has declared a snow emergency. There will be no parking on the roads Saturday and Sunday.
- Trenton -- A snow emergency has been declared in Trenton.
- Westland -- The City of Westland has declared a snow emergency. Please remove vehicles from roadway to allow room for DPS snow plows.
- Canton -- – Effective Saturday, Jan. 18 at 9 a.m., through Sunday, Jan. 19 at noon, a snow emergency is hereby declared for the Charter Township of Canton. During a declared snow emergency parking of motorized vehicles on any street is prohibited to allow for proper plowing and salting of roadways. Voluntary compliance is requested during this declared emergency—failure to comply could result in the ticketing and/or towing of non-compliant vehicles.
- Eastpointe -- On Saturday morning around 6 a.m. the city of Eastpointe declared a snow emergency that will last for 24 hours.
- Romeo -- The City of Romeo has declared a snow emergency that starts Friday, Jan. 12 and ends Saturday at noon.
- St. Clair Shores -- in effect 2 a.m. Saturday until further notice.
- Sterling Heights -- in effect at 12 a.m. Saturday until further notice.
- Warren -- in effect 10 p.m. Friday until further notice.
- Chesterfield Township -- A snow emergency has been declared in Chesterfield Township.
- Howell -- The City of Howell has declared a snow emergency from 7 p.m. Friday, Jan. 17 through 4 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 19. This advance notice will allow residents time to prepare and make alternate arrangements for parking along with allowing the city’s police department adequate time to notify residents at a more reasonable time of the day.
Copyright 2020 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.