DETROIT – Watch the live weather radar right here (above) as we track the potential for some severe storms Friday night and into early Saturday morning in southeastern Michigan.
- Tracking power outages in SE Michigan -- June 26-27, 2020
- Metro Detroit weather: Stormy with risk of severe weather Friday evening
The Local 4Casters say a scattered severe thunderstorm is possible as early as 6 p.m. west of US-23, but the main batch of concerning storms will cross the area between 8 p.m. and 2 a.m. They say it appears that the most robust severe storm threat is across the area from near M-59 southward through the state line.
Meteorologist Paul Gross said it looks like the storm activity may be later than that.
“Later is better, as evening temps drop, atmosphere is less unstable. So this would diminish our severe threat somewhat. Stay alert,” Gross tweeted.
- Track the live interactive Michigan Weather Radar here
- Track severe weather alerts here
- Submit storm photos here
- Find more weather forecast articles at Weather Center