DETROIT – Here is the Metro Detroit weather forecast update for April 1, 2022.
Flurries tapering down
- A few snow flurries continue to fly Friday afternoon, but they will taper down as we head toward sunset.
Weekend rain (maybe some snowflakes)
- The next rainmaker moves in late afternoon Saturday and continues through the evening.
- While a few light showers may linger overnight and into parts of Sunday, not as much is expected to fall.
- Given that temperatures Sunday morning will be close to the freezing mark, a few snowflakes may again mix in.
More rain Monday
- Another disturbance brings us more rain Monday, mainly during the afternoon and evening hours.
Storm late next week
- Long-range models are keeping the second half of next week busy with wind, rain and maybe even some snow.
- The best chance for rain will be Wednesday, but a few showers look to linger Thursday and Friday.
- Something to watch for: Friday snow chances. Some model runs have light snow mixing in with the rain during the day. I’m leaning more towards cold rain, but snow can’t be ruled out, at this point. This is important, because Friday is opening day for the Detroit Tigers.
- NOTE: This is not set in stone yet, as models will change some. Stay tuned!
Sunset at 8 p.m.
- The sun will set at 8 p.m. Saturday (April 2). It continues to set later and later through June 26.
Anniversary of biggest snow storm in Detroit history
- The anniversary of the biggest snow storm in Detroit’s history is Wednesday (April 6). On that day, 24.5 inches of snow fell.