DETROIT – Here is the Metro Detroit weather forecast update for April 7, 2022.
Few showers rest of Thursday
- Scattered showers continue to move through Thursday afternoon, with a few more on tap through 6 p.m. or 7 p.m.
Opening Day weather
- While a snowflake or two can’t be ruled out early Friday, nor later in the evening, what falls Friday will mostly be rain.
- If you’re planning to go to Comerica Park for Opening Day, plan on it being cool, breezy and rainy.
- Temperatures at tailgate will be in the upper 30s/lower 40s -- rising to the mid-40s by the end of the game.
- A few sprinkles/stray snowflakes will be around in the morning, but rain becomes more scattered through the afternoon.
More rain next week
- Rain chances are going up for next week.
- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday all feature rain chances. Not all-day rains, but a few showers can be expected each day.
- The better chance for storms returns Thursday of next week.
Daylight over 13 hours
- We will have over 13 hours of daylight Thursday (April 7).
Average last measurable snow
- The date in which we average our last measurable snow (a tenth of an inch or more) is Thursday (April 7).