DETROIT – Here is the Metro Detroit weather forecast update for May 16, 2022.
Rain/storm chances rest of Monday
- After a few showers and storms this afternoon, we’re looking ahead to what should be a fairly quiet night.
- Skies will be mainly clear, but it will be breezy with winds at times gusting over 20mph or even higher.
- Temperatures will drop into the upper 40s, which is a touch below where we should be this time of the year.
Temperature roller coaster
- We only top out in the 60s the next two days, but 80s return for a quick showing on Friday.
- That is again followed by another cooldown to the 60s early next week.
Rain returns Wednesday
- Next solid chance for rain comes Wednesday, as a system brushes by just to our south.
- Not a wash-out, but we’ll see rain chances most of the day.
- Increasing confidence that the next chance for possibly strong storms comes later Friday into early Saturday.
- Timing will almost certainly be adjusted in the coming days, but the consensus right now is that the second half of Friday is something to watch for!
- We’ll have to keep a close eye on as some of these storms could be strong to severe
- Some of this rain later Friday will even linger into Saturday morning as well.