YPSILANTI, Mich. – A bakery in Ypsilanti is going above and beyond to help the community during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Bird Dog Baking is working with others to help spur small business in the area.
- Detroit Lions QB Matthew Stafford reportedly tested positive for coronavirus
- Virus relief bill remains up in air as negotiations resume
- School confessional: ‘Returning to school is a recipe for more catastrophe’
- Coronavirus in Michigan: Here’s what to know Aug. 3, 2020
Jennifer Haglund and Mark Bogard are part of the small business with big plans. They’re part of a collaboration that brings together Metro Detroit farmers, distributors and bakers.
The group donates some of the bread to emergency food programs. They hope paying customers will see that everybody wins in this scenario.
Haglund said right now, everybody is looking for healthy food alternatives.
- Click here to learn more about Bird Dog Baking.
- Click here to visit the bakery’s Facebook page.
- Click here to learn more about the collaboration.
You can watch Steve Garagiola’s full story in the video posted above.