Turkey, meat items: 3-4 days
Notes: On Thanksgiving Day: Remove meat from carcass and layer in shallow pan, no more than 2" deep. Cover and refrigerate within 2 hours after Thanksgiving meal. Leftovers can be frozen and stored 2-6 months.
Stuffing or dressing, Gravy: 1-2 days Freeze leftovers within 24 hours of the meal for later use.
Casseroles (green bean casserole, sweet potato, mashed potatoes): 4-5 days Leftovers can be frozen after 3 days and stored in the freezer 2-6 months.
Cooked Vegetables: 4-5 days
Cranberry sauce, relish: 6 days
Pumpkin Pie, Apple Pie: 2 days for best quality, 5 days for food safety Store covered in the refrigerator.
Notes from USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service:
Storing Your Leftovers
• Discard any turkey, stuffing, and gravy left out at room temperature longer than 2 hours.
• Divide leftovers into smaller portions. Refrigerate or freeze in covered shallow containers for quicker cooling.
• Use refrigerated turkey and stuffing within 3 to 4 days. Use gravy within 1 to 2 days.
• If freezing leftovers, use within 2 to 6 months for best quality.
Ready For You! Leftover Turkey Tetrazzini
A leftover turkey recipe of spaghetti, turkey and mushrooms in a creamy sauce with zesty tomatoes for a flavor kick
Makes: 6 servings (about 1 cup each)
• 8 ounces dry spaghetti pasta, uncooked
• PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
• 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
•1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
•2 cups chopped cooked turkey
• 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
•1 can (10-3/4 oz each) condensed cream of mushroom soup
• 3/4 cup water
• 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt. Meanwhile, spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion; cook 3 minutes or until softened. Add mushrooms; cook 5 minutes more or until mushrooms are tender and lightly browned.
3. Add turkey, undrained tomatoes, soup, water and half of cheese to skillet; stir to combine. Stir in cooked pasta; heat until mixture is hot and pasta is coated. Top with remaining cheese.
6 servings (about 1 cup each) Calories 365; Total Fat 11 g(Saturated Fat 5 g); Cholesterol 54 mg; Sodium 711 mg; Carbohydrate 38 g; (Dietary Fiber 3 g, Sugars 3 g); Protein 26 g; Percent Daily Values*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 14%; Iron 18%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe Source: ConAgra Foods®
Serve with: Leftover veggies from Thanksgiving, Dole® Spinach Salad Kit, and fresh apple slices