4-year-old Iowa girl blinded by flu
Doctors are unsure if her vision will return
IOWA – A 4-year-old Iowa girl spent two weeks in the intensive care unit after contracting the flu.
Jade DeLucia later developed a disease that caused swelling of the brain, resulting in the loss of her vision. Doctors say it could take up to six months to find out if her vision loss is permanent.
Doctors urge the public to receive the flu vaccination the fall before flu season begins.
- State of Michigan confirms 2 pediatric flu deaths this season
- Hospitals report increase in children diagnosed with flu, RSV
- Factors that help spread the flu: What you need to know
- This flu season could be worst in decades: Facts and symptoms
- Flu cases increasing: Visitation restrictions in place for Beaumont’s 8 hospitals
Copyright 2020 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.