A Florida firefighter made a record-setting catch Saturday when he speared a 409-pound grouper off the coast of St. Pete Beach.
According to WFLA, James Taylor speared the fish at a depth of 250 feet while 85 miles offshore. He was competing in the St. Pete Open spearfishing tournament.
It took six men to drag the massive fish onto a stage where they weighed it and posed for photos.
Watch the video above.
The grouper was filleted to be shared with Taylor's friends and family.
Taylor is now waiting on the International Underwater Spearfishing Association to confirm the world record. He is also applying to the Guinness World Records.
More NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL headlines:
- US Navy: Commander says remains of sailors found on USS John McCain.
- Solar Eclipse: Eclipse baby shares her name with solar event.
- Orange County: Video shows police chase ending with vehicle tumbling off road.
- Philadelphia: More than 40 injured in train incident.
- Charlottesville: Tensions flare at city council meeting.