A Pure Michigan sunset over the Might Mac. Photo: Joey and Jessica Sancrant/Instagram
It's going to be a breezy day around Metro Detroit, so hold onto your hats! We could see some rain overnight into early Friday, but other than that, it's looking pretty, pretty good.
Check the latest forecast at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
- WB I-696 from US-24 to I-275 right three lanes closed for construction -- through Friday.
- SB M-10 ramp to SB I-75 closed for construction -- just for today.
- WB I-94 (Edsel Ford Freeway) from Second Ave. to Wyoming Ave. right two lanes closed for construction through Friday.
🚧 Check the live Traffic Map here.
Labor Day weekend events kick off 🎡
Today, the Michigan State Fair and Romeo Peach Festival will kick off Labor Day weekend festivities. There are more events opening on Friday. It's a busy weekend in the area -- check out the holiday weekend event guide here.
Lions finish preseason against Cleveland 🏈
The Detroit Lions will play in their final preseason game tonight against the Cleveland Browns. We probably won't see many of the starters in the game, but it's the last chance for many players to make an impression -- and to make the team. The Lions will open the regular season next Sunday in Arizona.
9th Annual Coney Eating Challenge 🌭
It's a tradition like no other - and it's not The Masters. The event includes the main event individual challenge where competitors will go dog-to-dog to see who can eat the most loaded coneys (hot dog, chili, onions, mustard and bun) in 10 minutes and a challenge heat between teams from the Detroit Police, Detroit Fire and Windsor Fire Departments. More info here.
Statewide Spring 2019 M-STEP, MME results released 📚
The Michigan Department of Education will publicly release the Statewide Spring 2019 Michigan Student Test of Educational Progress (M-STEP) and the Michigan Merit Exam (MME) results. We'll have the full breakdown around 10 a.m. on ClickOnDetroit.
🗓️ Here's what's on the calendar:
- Aug. 30 -- Michigan State football opener vs. Tulsa 🏈
- Aug. 30 -- Arts, Beats and Eats weekend 🖼️ 🎶 🍔
- Aug. 31 -- Detroit Jazz Festival kicks off 🎷
- Aug. 31 -- Hamtramck Labor Day Festival begins
- Aug. 31 -- Michigan football opener vs. Middle Tenn. State 🏈
- Sept. 2 -- 🇺🇸 Labor Day
- Sept. 2 -- 62nd Annual Mackinac Bridge Walk
- Sept. 7 -- Dally in the Alley in Midtown 🍻
- Sept. 8 -- Detroit Lions open season in Arizona 🏈
- Sept. 13 -- Red Wings training camp in Traverse City 🏒
- Sept. 28 -- Founders Detroit: Outer Limits Party 🍺
Check the Live Guide calendar for more local events, and post your own.
Steely Dan at Meadow Brook Amphitheatre 🎹
Are you Reelin' In The Years? Well, grab Josie, Jack, Peg and Rikki (as long as she still hasn't lost that number) and get your wheels turnin' 'round and 'round to Meadow Brook tonight to see Steely Dan. And no, we can't dance together.
Hear ye, hear ye! We are now offering $5 off tickets to the Renaissance Festival! This year's festival runs weekends and Labor Day, Aug. 17 to Sept. 29. The fun all happens at 12600 Dixie Hwy, Holly, MI 48442.
Adventure awaits! Purchase your discounted tickets here!
📷 Today's Featured Photo:
Submit your photo: A Pure Michigan sunset over the Might Mac. Photo: Joey and Jessica Sancrant/Instagram
- Hit us up on Instagram -- @local4news
Send us a News Tip here.