"To protect and serve." -- Detroit Police Department boat on the river. Photo: @airborne_alex313
We will see a blend of sun and clouds Saturday with highs in the mid 70s. Can you really ask for anything better in September?
Check the latest forecast at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
- SB M-10 (EB I-696) ramp to NB US-24 closed for maintenance.
- SB US-24 (Telegraph Rd) from Pennsylvania Road to West Road closed for construction.
- WB M-59 (Hall Rd) from Elizabeth Rd to Romeo Plank Rd left two lanes closed for construction.
🚧 Always check the live Traffic Map here.
It was another busy news week in Metro Detroit -- let's look back at the top stories:
Michigan has become the first state in the country to ban flavored e-cigarettes on Wednesday. The ban is for retail of vaping products that use sweet and fruity flavors as well as mint and menthol ones. This ban does not include tobacco-flavored e-cigarettes.
Eight of the 11 Kmart stores left in Michigan will close, the company announced this week.
Kelly Stafford is slowly returning to her normal life after a life changing diagnosis earlier this year. Stafford underwent surgery that went from six hours to 12 hours. For the first time, she opened up about the diagnosis, surgery and recovery with Local 4.
A Detroit Tigers minor league catcher died Monday after a skateboarding crash last week left him hospitalized.
✨ Local events happening today:
- Art & Apples in Rochester 🍎
- Kid Rock at DTE Energy Music Theatre 🎤
- Tyler, The Creator at Masonic Temple 🎤
- Last Campfire of Summer at Arab American National Museum 🎭
- Michigan vs. Army at 12 p.m. 🏈
- Michigan State vs. Western Michigan at 7:30 p.m. 🏈
✨ Here's what's on the extended calendar:
- Sept. 14 -- 18th Annual Tour de Troit 🚴
- Sept. 15 -- Detroit Lions home opener against Chargers 🏈
- Sept. 17 -- Detroit Red Wings begin preseason 🏒
- Sept. 19 -- Eastern Market After Dark 🎉
- Sept. 20 -- Funky Ferndale Art Fair 🎭
- Sept. 28 -- Avril Lavigne at Fox Theatre 🎤
- Oct. 1 -- Phil Collins at LCA 🎤
- Oct. 5 -- The Black Keys at LCA 🎤
Check the Live Guide calendar for more local events, and post your own.
Hear ye, hear ye! We are now offering $5 off tickets to the Renaissance Festival! This year's festival runs weekends and Labor Day, Aug. 17 to Sept. 29. The fun all happens at 12600 Dixie Hwy, Holly, MI 48442.
Adventure awaits! Purchase your discounted tickets here!
📷 Today's Featured Photo: "To protect and serve." -- Detroit Police Department boat on the river. Photo: @airborne_alex313
Submit your photo:
- Hit us up on Instagram -- @local4news
Send us a News Tip here.