🍕How to celebrate Pepperoni Pizza Day | 2 Michigan bars named best for beer
📸 A glorious sunset over the City of Detroit. Photo: Stephen Crosson
Happy Friday! It's the last one of summer, and we're going out on top! Should be a great start to the weekend. We're watching storms for Sunday, by the way.
Check the latest forecast at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
- I-94: Repair work will require closing eastbound I-94 from US-12 (Michigan Avenue) to I-75 starting at 6 a.m. Saturday. Eastbound I-94 will have all lanes reopened from US-12 to I-75 by 5 a.m. Monday. More on the project here.
- I-75: Bridge demolition and pavement repair work will require closing both directions of I-75 between I-696 and I-75 BL (Square Lake Road) this weekend in Oakland County. More info here.
🚧 Check the live Traffic Map here.
In partnership with the city of Detroit and the Downtown Detroit Partnership, WDIV-Local 4 will throw a homecoming celebration for the "America's Got Talent" finalists, Detroit Youth Choir, on Friday at Campus Martius Park in Downtown Detroit. It starts at 4 p.m., our Kimberly Gill will be the host!
Funky Ferndale Art Fair, while still a high-quality juried art show, showcases art that challenges the mind and sparks the imagination -- artwork that does not sit quietly, but invites a reaction.
Pepperoni Pizza Day 🍕
Here's another excuse to eat pizza today: It's National Pepperoni Pizza Day! Check out our list of the best pizza spots around town to help you celebrate this momentous occasion.
Norm MacDonald in town
Comedian and former SNL star Norm MacDonald is performing live at the Royal Oak Music Theatre tonight! The show starts at 7 p.m.
🗓️ Here's what's on the calendar:
- Sept. 28 -- Avril Lavigne at Fox Theatre 🎤
- Oct. 1 -- Phil Collins at LCA 🎤
- Oct. 5 -- The Black Keys at LCA 🎤
- Oct. 11 -- Detroit Zoo Boo event
- Oct. 25 -- Luke Bryan at Ford Field 🎤
- Oct. 31 -- Carrie Underwood at LCA 🎤
Check the Live Guide calendar for more local events, and post your own.
We already know Michigan brews some of the best beer in the world -- so it's probably no surprise to find out we have amazing beer bars. Thrillist released a list of their best beer bars in America right now and two Michigan bars made the list.
Hear ye, hear ye! We are now offering $5 off tickets to the Renaissance Festival! This year's festival runs weekends and Labor Day, Aug. 17 to Sept. 29. The fun all happens at 12600 Dixie Hwy, Holly, MI 48442.
Adventure awaits! Purchase your discounted tickets here!
Submit your photo:
Send us a News Tip here.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.