The Spirit of Detroit rocking the purple jersey to support the Detroit Youth Choir on AGT! Photo: @syousufdetroit
Happy Friday eve! Today will be a carbon copy of Wednesday, which is great news. The summer weather is sticking around for a bit, so enjoy it while it lasts.
Check the latest forecast at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
- I-94: Repair work will require closing eastbound I-94 from US-12 (Michigan Avenue) to I-75 starting at 6 a.m. Saturday. Eastbound I-94 will have all lanes reopened from US-12 to I-75 by 5 a.m. Monday. More on the project here.
- I-75: Bridge demolition and pavement repair work will require closing both directions of I-75 between I-696 and I-75 BL (Square Lake Road) this weekend in Oakland County. More info here.
🚧 Check the live Traffic Map here.
Celebrate Detroit design as one of the nation's oldest public markets transforms into a creative district by night. More than 40 studios and galleries will open late throughout the district. The event is free and open to the public.
Leaders of the United Autoworkers (UAW) union decided to initiate a strike Sunday against General Motors as contract negotiations went beyond a weekend deadline. We're continuing to follow the latest developments into Day 4.
The group finished in second place in the "America's Got Talent" finals and while they're not taking home the $1 million prize, they'll always be champions to the city of Detroit.
Included in the 2019 festival line-up are local directors, actors, choreographers, multimedia artists, puppeteers, new and seasoned playwrights, improv impresarios, and experimental theater makers over one electrifying weekend.
🗓️ Here's what's on the calendar:
- Sept. 20 -- Funky Ferndale Art Fair 🎭
- Sept. 20 -- Pepperoni Pizza Day
- Sept. 28 -- Avril Lavigne at Fox Theatre 🎤
- Oct. 1 -- Phil Collins at LCA 🎤
- Oct. 5 -- The Black Keys at LCA 🎤
- Oct. 11 -- Detroit Zoo Boo event
- Oct. 25 -- Luke Bryan at Ford Field 🎤
- Oct. 31 -- Carrie Underwood at LCA 🎤
Check the Live Guide calendar for more local events, and post your own.
International Talk Like a Pirate Day 🏴☠️
Happy International Talk Like a Pirate Day! 'tis a glorious day when we be all empowered wit' Pirate like language. John Baur 'n Mark Summers created th' concept o' International Talk Like a Pirate Day on June 6, 1995. While playin' racquetball, they began t' natter t' each other in Pirate-speak". Aft leavin' th' court, they decided that thar was a needs t' create this day. (We ran this through a pirate translator).
Hear ye, hear ye! We are now offering $5 off tickets to the Renaissance Festival! This year's festival runs weekends and Labor Day, Aug. 17 to Sept. 29. The fun all happens at 12600 Dixie Hwy, Holly, MI 48442.
Adventure awaits! Purchase your discounted tickets here!
Submit your photo:
- Hit us up on Instagram -- @local4news
Send us a News Tip here.