Kim DeGiulio: Birthdays are the best here at Local 4! After the show we dance to Stevie Wonder’s Happy Birthday then we usually have cake or pizza or some kind of treat!
It’s kind of crazy how many birthdays we have in November and December here at the station. It seems like we go all year without that many birthday celebrations then all of a sudden November hits and it feels like we’re dancing and celebrating every other day. It’s a ton of fun!
Not to get all sentimental on you guys on this blog post, but since it is Rhonda’s birthday (November 20th), I just wanted to take a second to tell you all how much I love her.
People always ask me “is she as nice as she seems on TV?” And I always say “she’s even nicer in person.” She has the biggest heart ever. From what she does for the girls in her foundation to the way she treats all of her co-workers here at the station, she’s truly a class act and I’m so lucky to get to work with her.
Ever since I started working with her she’s been such a great mentor to me but an even better friend. I can ask her for advice about anything and hanging out with her is so much fun! We had so much fun this past year dreaming about her dream wedding and then actually living it out a few months ago in California!
It’s definitely been a record year for Rhonda, from marrying the man of her dreams to receiving countless awards for her dedication to her foundation and the city of Detroit! She deserves all of it! HAPPY BIRTHDAY RHONDA!
Here's what's coming up on Thursday, November 21, 2019 on Local 4 News Today
All Morning -- Rain on the Way
Brandon Roux: We start your Thursday dry and with a little filtered sunshine under mostly cloudy skies and morning lows in the mid 30s. The rain will move in midday or into the afternoon, lasting through the evening drive which will slow you down. The good news is, we should hit the low 50s before the rain arrives as the warming winds pick up S 10-20 mph gusting 20-30 mph at times. The rain should be pretty steady through the afternoon but it’s on the lighter side and we can say good bye to all of the snow currently on the ground.
- Get the full forecast here
Our Kim DeGiulio will be watching the roads for us all morning.
- Check traffic conditions in your neighborhood here
All Morning -- Impeachment, Debate and More
Day four of impeachment hearing will be in the books, and we'll be heading to day five. We'll recap all that happened Wednesday. Also, another Democratic debate is happening Wednesday night in Atlanta. We'll have all the highlights and more.
5:55 a.m. -- Back to Basics
Good hair days can be hard to come by in these cold weather months. For Back to Basics Thursday, Kim DeGiulio is going to the haircare experts for advice on looking good all year long.
6:40 a.m. -- Help Me Hank
Before the holiday season really gets underway, Consumer Investigator Hank Winchester has important information about the money moves you should be making right now, so you're ready when the time to spend arrives.
❓Today’s Trivia Retake❓
Every weekday morning at 6 a.m., we ask you a trivia question on Local 4 for a chance to win a prize.
- Wednesday Question: What was Rhonda’s high school sport?
- Answer: Cheerleading
- Be sure to watch daily at 6 a.m. and click this link to enter for a chance to win.
National Days: November 21st
- National Gingerbread Cookie Day
- National Stuffing Day
- National Red Mitten Day
- Great American Smokeout - Thursday Before Thanksgiving
- National Rural Health Day
History Highlights: November 21st
- In 1789, North Carolina became the 12th state to ratify the U.S. Constitution.
- In 1931, the Universal horror film “Frankenstein,” starring Boris Karloff as the monster and Colin Clive as his creator, was first released.
- In 1967, President Lyndon B. Johnson signed the Air Quality Act.
- In 1995, Balkan leaders meeting in Dayton, Ohio, initialed a peace plan to end three and a-half years of ethnic fighting in Bosnia-Herzegovina.
- In 1997, U.N. arms inspectors returned to Iraq after Saddam Hussein’s three-week standoff with the United Nations over the presence of Americans on the team.
Celebrity Birthdays: November 21st
Celebrating a birthday Thursday? Submit a Sunshine Award here and we could say your name on Local 4 News Today during our 6 a.m. show.
Here's who you're sharing a birthday with --
- Actor Laurence Luckinbill is 85.
- Actress Marlo Thomas is 82.
- Actress Goldie Hawn is 74.
- Singer Bjork is 54.
- Actor Jimmi Simpson (”Westworld,” `’It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia”) is 44.
- Singer Carly Rae Jepsen is 34.