32ºF

Lakeland High School in White Lake Township dismissed early due to carbon monoxide

Elevated levels of carbon monoxide detected

A carbon monoxide detector.

WHITE LAKE TOWNSHIP, Mich. – Lakeland High School in White Lake Township was dismissed early Monday due to elevated levels of carbon monoxide, school officials said.

Students were released Monday morning “out of an abundance of caution,” according to the district.

“We are working with officials at the White Lake Fire Department to properly handle the situation,” officials said in a release.

Students who drive were released before 11:15 a.m. Monday. Those who ride buses waited for transportation at the field house, where carbon monoxide levels were deemed safe, authorities said.

Parents hoping to pick students up from the school were asked to do so in the student parking lot.

“We are evacuating out of an abundance of caution and do not believe students are in any danger,” school officials said in a release.


About the Author: