The goal is to get Michiganders to spend time and money in downtowns that have struggled during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Whitmer’s proclamation was requested by the Michigan Downtown Association to help all struggling downtowns across the state, not just in Metro Detroit.
Small businesses, shops and restaurants in cities from Ann Arbor to Dearborn to Royal Oak are hoping to get a boost Saturday.
Hank Winchester got a firsthand look at how owners are preparing. You can watch his full story in the video posted above.
- 3 factors that significantly increase risk of death for young adults with COVID-19
- Funding approved to demolish green ooze site in Madison Heights, but fight is far from over
- Hear from Oakland County neighbors who witnessed house explosion caused by drug operation
- Early voting starts in Michigan: Here’s what you need to know
- Canada concerned about second wave of COVID-19 as cases spike