DETROIT – Two people were charged after a man was shot at a Detroit nightclub earlier this week, officials said.
The charges stemmed from a non-fatal shooting of a 27-year-old Detroit man, according to the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office.
The shooting happened at 12:31 a.m. on Monday, April 28, 2025.
Officers were near Woodward Avenue and Adams Street when they heard gunshots.
After canvassing the area, they found the victim outside of a nightclub in the 1500 block of Woodward Avenue with a gunshot wound. He was taken to a local hospital to be treated.
The two men allegedly stole the 27-year-old’s necklace, and when he tried to get it back, police said multiple shots were fired at him.
One man was originally charged with armed robbery, assault with intent to murder, assault with intent to do great bodily harm and three counts of felony firearm. Two of those charges were dismissed, and he was found not guilty of the rest by a jury.
The other man was charged with armed robbery, possession of a firearm by a prohibited person and two counts of felony firearm. Court records show the case against him was dismissed without prejudice.