Ann Arbor SPARK’s a2Tech360 will be held Oct. 7 through 14 online, and in various in-person locations throughout the city.
Highlighting the contributors and influencers who enrich Ann Arbor’s innovative community, a2Tech360 is a week of experiences, conversations and connections designed to strengthen and expand the region’s vibrant ecosystem.
Entrepreneurs, researchers, investors, businesses, academic institutions, non-profits, job seekers and the general public can all explore Ann Arbor’s extensive tech culture through a broad spectrum of programming. The annual series highlighting Ann Arbor’s spirit of innovation will take place both online and in person.
“Over the years, a2Tech360 has brought together a diverse range of people and organizations in celebration of Ann Arbor’s unique innovative environment and high-tech ecosystem,” said Paul Krutko, Ann Arbor SPARK president and CEO. “Since 2017, it has served as a fun and engaging way to learn more about the remarkable spirit of innovation that has earned Ann Arbor consistent recognition as a top destination for business development and growth.”
This year, a2Tech260 will kick off with the Invest360 Investor Showcase. Bringing additional depth to a2Tech360, Invest360 leverages Michigan’s regional strengths in entrepreneurship and showcases a curated group of companies to Michigan’s investor community.
The companies will compete for $50,000 in one of three categories — information technology, mobility and healthcare. The three winners will then have the opportunity to pitch in person on the morning of Friday, October 14 at the Michigan Theater for a chance to receive the People’s Choice award and an additional $50,000.
The original catalyst for a2Tech360, A2 Tech Trek and its companion event, Mobility Row, close out the week from 1 to 5 p.m. on October 14 outside of SPARK headquarters on Liberty St. in downtown Ann Arbor. Also that day is Ann Arbor SPARK’s annual Tech Talk, from 10 a.m. to noon at the Michigan Theater.
- Invest360 Investor Showcase on Friday, October 7, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., at the University of Michigan Golf Course Clubhouse. Invest360 showcases a curated group of companies to Michigan’s investor community. The companies compete for $50,000 in one of three categories: information technology, mobility, and healthcare. The three winning companies will then pitch in person on Friday, October 14 at the Michigan Theater for a chance to receive the People’s Choice award and an additional $50,000. This series is presented by Ann Arbor SPARK. Early Bird Admission (closes 9/16) – $35. General Admission – $50.
- FastTrack Awards on Friday, October 7, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., at the University of Michigan Golf Course Clubhouse. These annual awards honor fast-growing ‘gazelle’ companies headquartered in Washtenaw and Livingston counties. Winners will be announced during the event. This event is presented by Ann Arbor SPARK. General Admission – $75.
- MI Angel Summit on Monday, October 10, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., at the Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel. The fifth annual Michigan Angel Summit is a great opportunity for individual investors to meet others interested in learning more about the exciting asset class called Angel investing. Current and potential Angel investors can meet like-minded people from around the state and learn about the latest trends and opportunities available. This event is presented by Ann Arbor SPARK. Early Bird Admission (closes 9/16) – $100. General Admission – $150
- Mobility Summit on Tuesday, October 11, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., at the Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel. Visionaries and leaders from public, private, academic, and nonprofit spheres gather to share, learn, inspire and advance Mobility in Michigan and around the globe. This event is presented by Ann Arbor SPARK. Early Bird Admission (closes 9/16) – $100. General Admission – $150
- Entrepreneur Boot Camp Celebration on Tuesday, October 11, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., at the NETSCOUT Michigan office. Entrepreneur Boot Camp is an intensive program to help entrepreneurs of early-stage, technology-driven companies quickly determine if they have a viable business opportunity and focus on crucial next steps. Celebrate the evolution of current Boot Camp entrepreneurs as they present their journey to SPARK’s illustrious panel. This event is hosted by Ann Arbor SPARK. Free.
- 2032: What the Future Holds on Wednesday, October 12, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., will be held in person as well as streamed online. Hear from leaders in futurist thought as they explore today’s trends and revolutionary products alongside tomorrow’s predictions and possibilities. Co-presented by Ann Arbor SPARK and the University of Michigan’s Innovation Partnerships. Free.
- Women in Tech on Wednesday, October 12, from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Circ Bar. Inspiring speakers will discuss their experiences navigating the tech industry and propelling their careers as leaders in the field. They will also share how to build up career experience, maneuver a room of doubters, and discover your personal success story. This event is presented by Ann Arbor SPARK. Free.
- Emerging Leaders on Thursday, October 12, from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Circ Bar. This monthly event series is a low-key, low-pressure opportunity for emerging leaders to meet peers, share challenges and opportunities, and boost their own careers. Emerging leaders are driven, passionate, and have their eyes on becoming a powerful, positive influence on their industries, companies and communities. Hosted by Ann Arbor SPARK and Kapnick Insurance. Free.
- Tech Talk + Invest360 Finale on Friday, October 14, from 10 a.m. to noon at the Michigan Theater. Inspiring TED-style talks by leading innovators in their respective fields. From origin stories to behind-the-scenes accounts of the fascinating technologies being developed, hear from the brilliant minds behind the Ann Arbor region’s most innovative companies. The Invest360 celebration after Tech Talk will feature a People’s Choice vote that will select the foremost Invest360 company. The winning company will win an additional $50,000. This event is hosted by Ann Arbor SPARK. Free.
- Tech Trek and Mobility Row on Friday, October 14, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Liberty St. in downtown Ann Arbor. A2 Tech Trek and Mobility Row is a free community street fair and company open house where regional technology companies showcase their innovations and culture. From robotics and game developers to self-driving shuttles and medical marvels, attendees will gain insight and come away inspired by the technological advancements that will define and change the years ahead. This event is presented by Ann Arbor SPARK. Free.
a2Tech360 is presented by the Ann Arbor-Ypsilanti SmartZone Local Development Finance Authority and the Michigan Economic Development Corporation with support from Russell Video. For more information on each of the a2Tech360 events or to register, please visit www.a2Tech360.com.