2 killed in Detroit house fire believed to be caused by space heaters
DETROIT – Fire crews believe space heaters were the cause of a fatal house fire Saturday morning in Detroit. According to authorities, the bodies of two men were found in a bedroom in a home on Lauder Street, near the intersection of Hubbell and Fenkell avenues. The Detroit Fire Department said several space heaters were found in the home and they believe the propane and kerosene heaters were being misused. Authorities said the fires appears to be accidental, but the investigation is ongoing. RELATED: Detroit apartment fire that injured 3 likely caused by stoves used for heat
Detroit woman loses home in fire decades after sister died in fire
DETROIT – A Detroit woman’s home was destroyed in a fire. My house was on fire,” Yolanda Bell said. I just saw my house in ablaze.”For hours, Bell stood as close to her house as she could. Bell’s 19-year-old son was visiting from Florida. Nearly 40 years ago, Bell’s sister died in a house fire in Detroit.
Detroit teachers step up to help student who lost everything in house fire
DETROIT – Tanya Eppinger and her family lived inside their home on Detroit’s east side for years, but recently everything changed. “The smoke started coming outside. “I have five kids in the house, and I was trying to get everyone out.”Eppinger said in just minutes, fire and smoke filled the inside of her home. And with this going on, we’re just trying to making everything come back together for the kids,” Eppinger said. A GoFundMe has been set up by Tanya Eppinger.
Authorities investigate house fire on Detroit’s east side
DETROIT – Fire crews battled a house fire on Detroit’s east side Friday morning. It happened at about 6 a.m. near the intersection of Somerset Avenue and Haverhill Street, just west of I-94. Officials with the Detroit Fire Department said everyone was able to get out safely and no injuries were reported. The investigation into how the fire started is ongoing. MORE: Detroit news
2 found dead after massive fire rips through home on Detroits west side
DETROIT Firefighters are investigating after two people were found dead in a home that was ravaged by a massive fire on Detroits west side. They got inside the building, and in doing their search, they found two victims in the front room, Detroit fire Capt. READ: Shooter returns to Detroit crime scene firing shots at officers before fleeing againOfficials said they found food and medicine inside the house. It went into the second floor, and then, of course, it ended up burning into the roof area, Fornell said. Tremendous amount of heat coming out.Investigators dont believe the second floor was occupied.