Michigan Secretary of State rebukes president’s claims on Twitter
DETROIT – President Donald Trump went after Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson on Twitter again with another false claim. Trump falsely claimed hundreds of thousands of votes were invalid and claimed he won Michigan and Pennsylvania. READ: What we know about GOP challenge to Michigan’s election results“Nobody wants to report that Pennsylvania and Michigan didn’t allow our Poll Watchers and/or Vote Observers to Watch or Observe,” the president tweeted Wednesday. In Pennsylvania, a lawyer confirmed Trump’s observers were allowed when he told a judge there were a “non-zero number” of poll watchers. The Trump campaign is suing Michigan Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson along with the Wayne County and the Michigan Board of Canvassers, which are in charge of reviewing elections.
Trust Index: Fact-checking claims regarding Michigan’s 2020 election
Were poll watchers kicked out of counting rooms? Poll watchers being kicked out of counting rooms is not true. According to Detroit’s election commissioner, there were more than the legal limit of watchers inside the TCF Center from both Democratic and Republican parties. Claims made in a similar way were dismissed as hearsay by a state judge in a lawsuit last week. There are also claims about poll workers behaving badly like the ones made in an 11-minute video circulating online and being promoted by state Republicans.
What Michigan election lawsuit claims, despite lack of evidence
DETROIT – Officials with President Donald Trump’s campaign said they will continue to fight the 2020 General Election results with lawsuits. Michigan is the center of litigation from the Trump campaign, which filed a federal lawsuit in the western district of Michigan, despite the claims coming out of Michigan’s Wayne County. The lawsuit, filed Tuesday night, alleges -- without evidence -- there were widespread irregularities in Michigan’s election and ballot-counting process. Many of the claims are similar to a case that was dismissed by the state court of claims last week. Many of the claims are similar to other unfounded fraud claims from past elections.
Trump campaign plans to file federal lawsuit in Michigan
DETROIT – President Donald Trump’s campaign said it will file a lawsuit in federal court in Grand Rapids. It is also attaching 100 sworn affidavits claiming irregularities in Wayne County. The lawsuit is separate from the one the campaign filed in the Court of Claims in Lansing. Election law experts said that while the campaign is within its rights to file these lawsuits, the likelihood of success in this federal suit is not great either. “We have a whistleblower and now we have 131 affidavits talking about irregularities and problems that were happening in Detroit.