ANN ARBOR – An investigation is under way by the Ann Arbor Police Department on a home invasion that took place at an off-campus apartment on Oct. 9.
According to authorities, the incident occurred at around 1:30 p.m. on the 1800 block of Shirley Ln.
A resident was napping when she awoke to find an unknown man rummaging through her roommates’ items in another bedroom. When she confronted the man, he fled the unit in an unknown direction. He was believed to have gained entry through an unlocked door.
Following the incident, the residents discovered that cash was missing from a wallet.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Ann Arbor Police Department Tip Line at 734-794-6939 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
University of Michigan’s Division of Public Safety and Security strongly encourages students living on and off campus to:
- Keep your windows and doors locked
- Turn on exterior lights at night
- Close blinds at night and keep doorwall security bars in place
- Store valuables out of plain sight
- Do not prop open exterior doors
- Do not hold open exterior doors for people you do not know
- Know who is at your front door before you open it
- When you take a vacation, put a temporary hold on your mail and other deliveries
- Report any suspicious behavior or incidents