Tasty Tuesday: How to make empanadas with chorizo and potato
Local 4′s Ian Vickers walks you through recipe
DETROIT – In this edition of Tasty Tuesday Home Edition, learn how to make empanadas with Local 4′s very own Ian Vickers!
Ian was also joined by a special sous chef!
Check out the full video above.
- 1 lb of cooked chorizo (substitute with chicken, beef or veggies)
- 2-3 boiled/dice potatoes (substitute with peppers/onion/chiles)
- 8oz of tomato sauce
- 20 Empanada shells (can buy in freezer section at specialty market or make your own with recipe below)
- 1 packet Sazon Goya con culantro y achiote
- Take one heaping spoonful of stuffing and put in the middle of a disc.
- Fold disc in half.
- Use tongue of fork to press edges together.
- Heat oil in frying pan (or fryer) to about 350 degrees. Make sure there's enough to submerge empanadas.
- Cook 3-5 at a time for about 5 minutes.
- For this recipe, we usually top the empanadas with a cilantro-cream. Basically, we put sour cream and a bunch of cilantro in a food processor and blend until the white looks green.
Copyright 2020 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.