The Pointe aux Barques Lighthouse, one of the oldest in Michigan, located near Port Hope in Huron County. Photo: kaushik0805/Instagram
While there's a small chance for a shower in the area, we're mostly drying out after a couple of days of much-needed rainfall. We're sticking in the 70s for the next several days, including most of the holiday weekend ahead -- which looks pretty nice.
Check the latest forecast at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
A few things to watch out for today on major routes:
- SB I-75 from I-696 to M-102 (8 Mile Rd) right two lanes closed for construction through Sept. 5.
- NB/SB I-75 ramp to NB M-24 closed for construction through Thursday.
- EB I-94 (Edsel Ford Freeway) from Wyoming Ave to 2nd Ave right two lanes closed for construction through Thursday.
🚧 Check the live Traffic Map here.
Did you watch last night? The Detroit Youth Choir took the stage again on "America's Got Talent," and you can still vote for them through 7 a.m. today. Tune in tonight to see if they will advance to the next round! Live at 8 p.m. on Local 4. Only seven of the 12 acts will advance.
Michigan Job Expo in Sterling Heights 🖨️
Do you want a full-time or part-time job? This event will connect you with employers hiring experienced candidates, currently employed candidates, college graduates, recent college graduates, skilled trade candidates, military veterans and entry level candidates. Register and get more info here.
It happens every year! The good people at the Old Farmer's Almanac release their winter forecast for the entire country and everyone starts overreacting. Well, here's why you should just ignore it.
Detroit Lions Kickoff Lunch at Detroit Economic Club 🏈
As is tradition, the Detroit Lions will take part in a luncheon at the Detroit Economic Club on Wednesday as the team prepares to begin the regular season. President Rod Wood, General Manager Bob Quinn and Head Coach Matt Patricia, along with a panel of select players will be present.
🗓️ Here's what's on the calendar:
- Aug. 29 -- Michigan State Fair begins 🎡
- Aug. 29 -- Romeo Peach Festival begins 🍑
- Aug. 30 -- Michigan State football opener vs. Tulsa 🏈
- Aug. 30 -- Arts, Beats and Eats weekend 🖼️ 🎶 🍔
- Aug. 31 -- Detroit Jazz Festival kicks off 🎷
- Aug. 31 -- Hamtramck Labor Day Festival begins
- Aug. 31 -- Michigan football opener vs. Middle Tenn. State 🏈
- Sept. 2 -- 🇺🇸 Labor Day
- Sept. 2 -- 62nd Annual Mackinac Bridge Walk
- Sept. 7 -- Dally in the Alley in Midtown 🍻
- Sept. 8 -- Detroit Lions open season in Arizona 🏈
- Sept. 13 -- Red Wings training camp in Traverse City 🏒
- Sept. 28 -- Founders Detroit: Outer Limits Party 🍺
Check the Live Guide calendar for more local events, and post your own.
A Michigan school district is using some musical humor to welcome students back to class. Swartz Creek Community Schools released a back-to-school video this week that spoofs the hit song "Old Town Road" by Lil Nas X. It's pretty funny!
Hear ye, hear ye! We are now offering $5 off tickets to the Renaissance Festival! This year's festival runs weekends and Labor Day, Aug. 17 to Sept. 29. The fun all happens at 12600 Dixie Hwy, Holly, MI 48442.
Adventure awaits! Purchase your discounted tickets here!
📷 Today's Featured Photo: The Pointe aux Barques Lighthouse, one of the oldest in Michigan, located near Port Hope in Huron County. Photo: kaushik0805/Instagram
Submit your photo:
- Hit us up on Instagram -- @local4news
Send us a News Tip here.