ClickOnDetroit NIGHTSIDE report -- Thursday, Nov. 21, 2019
DETROIT – The owner of a Detroit tugboat company who had sexual conversations with several young boys on Facebook is accused of inviting one over to his house to “clean his basement,” giving him alcohol and drugs and molesting him, according to court records. The boy said he developed an addiction to drugs after the incident.
WATCH Local 4 News at 11
4 Fast Facts
- Border Patrol agents recently arrested two men who were in the United States illegally after previously being removed for crimes they committed, officials said. Click here to read more.
- General Motors accused Fiat Chrysler of bribing United Auto Worker union officials to get more favorable contract terms from the UAW in a lawsuit. Click here to read more.
- Payphones have gone out of style with the advent of technology -- but this group is using them to offer free phone service. Click here to read more.
- Police said a shooter who emerged from the woods and killed a man who was in a car that broke down on the side of the road is still at large 13 years after the murder. Click here to read more.
A gunman opened fire on Detroit police Wednesday evening, killing one officer and injuring another. A 16-year veteran of the force, Rasheen McClain, 46, was killed.
An 18-year-old Warren man shot and killed his girlfriend during an argument before being pulled over for driving erratically with her body still inside the van, according to authorities. Prosecutors said Kevin Dixon got into an argument with his girlfriend, India Mackey, around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday inside a van in his driveway on Shirley Avenue in Warren.
An 86-year-old died after a car she was in crashed into a pole Wednesday in Clinton Township. Police said the woman, Shirley Ann Tobalski, was a passenger in a 2019 Buick Lacrosse driven by a 92-year-old. The driver was turning from westbound 15 Mile Road onto northbound Garfield Road at 5:21 p.m. when they struck the pole.
A Southfield woman has been missing for more than a month since she disappeared from her family’s cabin near Traverse City after a disturbing phone call to a friend. Investigators aren’t sure if Adrienne Quintal, 47, was abducted or went missing in the woods.
- 3-year-old girl in critical condition after child gets hold of gun in Lincoln Park, police say
- Shooter who emerged from woods in Detroit still at large 13 years after murder
- WATCH: Your Downtown Detroit shopping guide
- First Marvel Comics issue sells in Texas for $1.26 million
- Heart of Detroit: Hostel Detroit offers travelers a place to stay in the middle of the city
- Rocket Mortgage unveils new float ahead of America’s Thanksgiving Parade
- Good Health: Hiccups might be more important than you think
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.