Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s executive order on face masks takes effect at 12:01 a.m. Monday, July 13. Under the order people are required to wear a face mask in indoor public spaces and crowded outdoor spaces. Those who violate the order will face a $500 fine.
The brother of 20-year-old Hakim Littleton who was fatally shot by police Friday is demanding justice. Since the shooting happened it has sparked community outcry and protests.
The number of confirmed cases of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Michigan has risen to 68,295 as of Sunday morning, including 6,039 deaths, state officials report.
- ‘Please shelter in place’ -- Authorities battle gas tanker truck fire in Bloomfield Township
- ‘Detroit will breathe’ reacts to body cam footage of Hakim Littleton’s death
- Torch Lake sandbar listed as probable coronavirus (COVID-19) exposure site
- Michigan State Police investigating shooting on Southfield Freeway, near Puritan
- Flashpoint 7/12/20: Michigan AG addresses statewide concerns; debate on schooling this fall
- Fire destroys much of 249-year-old church in California
- Coronavirus deaths take a long-expected turn for the worse
- Pope ‘deeply pained’ over Turkey’s move on Hagia Sophia
- Pac-12, Big Ten shelve games and fears grow of ripple effect
- NHL, players announce labor deal, plan to resume play Aug. 1