PORT HURN, Mich. – A Port Huron police officer came upon a man appearing to be drunk behind the wheel of a parked car.
In the back seat was the man’s 11-year-old son.
On Monday, May 17, the officer approached a blue Honda Civic at a gas station on Military Street and sees a man slumped over the wheel. The 11-year-old was in the back seat playing with Pokemon cards, and police found a loaded handgun on the seat next to him.
UPDATE: Man identified
As the officer tried to wake up the man, he noticed a second loaded handgun and a rifle with loaded magazines. Additionally, open liquor, illegal drugs and prescription drugs were also found.
Police said the driver, 40-year-old Emory Lewis, drove to Port Huron from North Carolina to see someone he met online.
Lewis is charged with:
- Controlled Substance – Possession of Methamphetamine/Ecstasy – Felony
- Operating While Intoxicated 2nd Offense – Occupant less than 16 – Misdemeanor
- Weapons – Carrying Concealed - Felony
- Weapons – Firearms – Possession under the influence – Misdemeanor
- Operating – License Suspended, Revoked, Denied - Misdemeanor
- Alcohol – Open container in vehicle – Misdemeanor