WOODSTOCK TOWNSHIP, Mich. – Authorities are investigating the deaths of three men Saturday afternoon at the Faster Horses Festival in Cambridge Township.
According to authorities, the Lenawee County Sheriff’s Office was alerted at about 1:30 p.m. to unresponsive people at a campground in Woodstock Township during the Faster Horses Festival. Emergency personnel arrived on the scene and found five men inside a travel trailer, all unresponsive.
Police said medical staff administered CPR, but three of the men were pronounced dead at the scene. The other two were rushed to a local hospital to be treated for acute carbon monoxide poisoning, where they are listed in critical condition.
The incident is unrelated to the death of a woman at the festival Saturday morning.
The Sheriff’s Office said they believe the incident was caused by carbon monoxide exposure from a generator that was located near the travel trailer.
First responders stress the importance of keeping generators and exhaust fumes from running vehicles away from camping areas, tents, and travel trailers.
More: Lenawee County news