Michigan is reopening 12 unemployment offices for in-person appointments.
The state’s Unemployment Insurance Agency will begin offering 15-minute in-person appointments starting June 30.
Here are the offices reopening in Michigan:
- Benton Harbor -- 401 8th Street
- Detroit -- 3024 W. Grand Boulevard, Suite L-385
- Gaylord -- 931 Otsego Avenue
- Grand Rapids -- 3391-A Plainfield Avenue, NE
- Kalamazoo -- 1600 South Burdick Street
- Lansing -- 5217 Perry Robinson Circle
- Marquette -- 1498 Odovero Drive, Ste. 2
- Muskegon -- 2700 Baker Street
- Saginaw -- 515 North Washington Avenue
- Sault Ste. Marie -- 1118 East Easterday Avenue
- Sterling Heights -- 43015 Hayes Road
- Traverse City -- 1209 S. Garfield Avenue, Ste. C
About 900 people will receive in-person appointments each day. Officials expect appointments to fill up quickly, but slots will become available each day when there are cancellations, according to the state.
Appointments can’t be transferred to others. Residents who show up late might have to reschedule.
“This additional option for customer service is another avenue to assist Michigan residents in accessing the financial lifeline they need while they are recovering from a job loss,” acting UIA Director Liza Estlund Olson said.
Customers are asked to put on masks before entering. They should bring a driver’s license or photo ID, as well as any other documents needed for an appointment.
How to make an appointment
Residents can go online now to start scheduling appointments. Each appointment slot can be scheduled up to a week in advance -- from 8:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Appointments must be scheduled online in order to meet with a UIA representative, state officials said. No walk-in appointments will be accepted.
Customers can also call the UIA Customer Service telephone line at 866-500-0017 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. About 25,000 calls are taken by that line each day, UIA officials said.
Residents can also chat with an agent through the Michigan Web Account Manager page from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Click here to visit that page.
Phone appointments can also be scheduled from 8:15 a.m. to 4:25 p.m. Monday through Friday. Appointments are 20 minutes, and about 1,000 are available each day. Click here to schedule a phone appointment.