The Detroit Lions are starting the NFL free agency period with a slew of changes to the roster.
The Lions, now with a newly minted front office and coaching staff, are retooling the roster to start the offseason, which means cuts. It also means the team is letting some players, former draft picks of the old regime, walk away.
Tracking Lions roster moves:
- WR/KR Jamal Agnew has reportedly signed a three-year deal with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- LB Jarrad Davis (Lions first-round pick in 2017) has reportedly signed a one-year deal with the New York Jets.
- WR Marvin Jones Jr. has reportedly signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Lions have reportedly signed ex-Packers running back Jamaal Williams.
- Kicker Matt Prater is signing with the Arizona Cardinals. Lions have signed Randy Bullock to replace Prater.
- Lions have signed WR Breshad Perriman to a 1-year deal.
- LB Christian Jones has been released.
- Cornerbacks Justin Coleman and Desmond Trufant have been released by the team.
- Backup QB Chase Daniel will be released.
- DT Danny Shelton will be released.
The #Lions are clearing some cap space after re-signing Romeo Okwara, and sources say they are planning to release QB Chase Daniel ($4.55M salary) and DT Danny Shelton ($4M in salary). They had shopped Daniel over the last week.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 16, 2021
- Tight end Jesse James was released.
- DT Nick Williams was released.
- Guard Joe Dahl was released.
- Lions have re-signed DE Romeo Okwara, LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin and CB Mike Ford.
- Lions signed WR Tyrell Williams and TE Josh Hill.
- Lions did not franchise tag WR Kenny Golladay, making him a free agent.
More moves are coming. Lions still have decisions to make on several players. Stay tuned.